3DIO - Omni Pro
£4,582.50 ex. vat
3DIO - Omni Pro
The 3DIO Omni Pro Binaural Microphone Pro is somewhat similar to the standard Omni Binaural Microphone by 3DIO but features an increased frequency range for more realistic recordings. This array of microphone is made up of eight (8) DPA 4060BU capsules that allow you to capture hyper realistic recordings for 360 videos. The wider frequency range of 20 Hz - 20 kHz (10 Hz - 10 kHz for standard version) allows you to capture the full human hearing range so your audio is a more accurate representation of what you want to capture making the Pro model more superior.
Synchronising Omni binaural audio to a 360 video during playback only requires a simple volume control script. This is typically implemented in a custom VR video player app. This particular script works directly with Unity for demonstration purposes, but can easily be ported to any other language that supports audio playback with volume control. The script plays all 4 Omni stereo binaural tracks in sync, while adjusting the volume of each based on the user's head azimuth rotation angle.
For Unity 3D script controller click Here. Script provided by 3DIO.
The Omni Pro binaural microphone comes standard with 8 DPA 4060BU hi-sensitivity microphone capsules.
The Omni Pro binaural microphone comes standard with a 5/8" microphone stand adapter installed in the base. The microphone stand adapter is removable. The base of the microphone has a 1/4"-20 female thread mounting hole that can be connected to a hot-shoe adapter or used to mount directly onto a tripod or grip handle.
Unity Script and Audio Download
Download a zip file containing a Unity 3D script controller for playback of Omni Pro binaural tracks, as well as example audio files recorded by the Omni Binaural microphone.
- Dimensions: 7.76" x 7.76" x 5.12" (WxDxH)
- Weight: 3.62 lbs
- Directional Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Cartridge Type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)