Adam A77x Nearfield Monitor, 3-way, 2x 7" woofer - Pair
£1,131.66 ex. vat
The Adam A77x is a horizontally designed professional studio monitor that combines all of the technical innovations in the AX-Series. Due to its powerful, compression-free sound reproduction and excellent radiation characteristics, it is suitable both for nearfield and midfield monitoring.
The special feature of the A77X is its 2 1⁄2-way system. Both 7” woofers start to work together at 38 Hz and at 400 Hz one woofer fades out and only the second woofer continues to operate in the midrange up to 3 kHz. This prevents interferences and possible phase cancellation in the critical midrange. Even though frequency transitions and potential distortions lie outside these areas, the human ear is particularly sensitive to midrange frequencies.
Especially noteworthy in the A77X is the extremely wide stereo foundation and brilliant stereo imaging. Treble and mids are reproduced with three-dimensional realism and the lows are, as expected from a double woofer design, massive without compromising on precision.
- X-ART tweeter, handmade in Berlin
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded X-ART membrane
- In-phase, simultaneous operation of the woofers below 400 Hz
- Ultra-light but extremely dimensionally stable woofer material (Carbon/Rohacell/Glass fiber)
- Unique, horizontal 2.5-way system with 2 x 7" woofers
- Spacious bass reflex ports on the front
- Highly efficient PWM amplifier for the woofer coupled with an A/ B amplifier for X-ART tweeter
- Linear frequency response of 38 Hz to 50 kHz
- Maximum Peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m ≥ 122 dB
- Simple, stepless room acoustic adjustments over tweeter gain, low and high shelf filters
- Analog XLR and RCA inputs
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry