ADR F760X-RS Compex Stereo Dynamics Processor - Re-Issue
£2,300.00 ex. vat
The ADR F760X-RS Compex is an authentic remake of the classic Audio & Design Recording compressor, used in many studios and broadcast stations all over the world. The “Compex” is a dynamics processor featuring a stereo compressor/limiter and expander/noise gate.
Meticulously recreating the original feedback FET discrete analogue circuit, The ADR F760X-RS Compex captures all the unique sonic characteristics that have set this unit apart and made it so popular throughout the 3 decades of its production.
Originally designed for studio and broadcast the ADR F760X-RS features a compressor/limiter with ratios going from as little as 1:1 all the way up to 20:1, as well as precise controls over the threshold. One of the characteristics of this unit was its fast attack and release time making it ideal for compressing drums. In addition to the compressor/limiter, the ADR F760X-RS Compex features an expander/gate with a unique hysteresis avoiding the unwanted closing or opening of the expander/gate around the threshold.
ADR F760X-RS Features
- Classic FET based compression/peak limiting/gating, all available individually
- Switchable compression ratios - 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 5:1, 10:1, 20:1
- Switchable compression threshold in 2dB steps
- Switchable attack times - 250µs, 2.5ms, 25ms
- Switchable release times ranging from 25ms to 3.2s plus "auto" setting
- Peak limiting (100:1) with switchable 50µs pre-emphasis setting (useful for de-essing)
- Expander/gate with 20dB of noise reduction
- Compressor side-chain insert (can be internally modded to control the gate, instead)
- Stereo linkable
- Swiss-made ELMA™ rotary switches
- Conductive plastic potentiometers