AEA N8 NUVO Series Phantom-Powered Far-field Ribbon Microphone - B-Stock
£669.00 ex. vat
AEA N8 NUVO - B-Stock
The AEA N8 NUVO was designed to be the most open sounding ribbon microphone based on the success of the N22. This modern ribbon mic records the live, natural sound of instruments within a space as it would sound in-person, with all subtlety and nuance present. It effortlessly captures complex sources like drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that can produce intricate transients, harsh highs, and bellowing lows.
The N8 captures a space as it sounds live and in person, with all the present subtlety and nuance. Its expansive frequency response and balanced low end make it superbly effective when capturing the full breadth of sound from the back of a room, above a drum set, or overhead a string section. It boasts the widest frequency range of any mic in the AEA lineup and effortlessly manages more complex source audio like drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that produce intricate transients, harsh highs, and bellowing lows. The full potential of the N8 is perhaps best realized when configured in a stereo array, as it draws on the same successful sonic concepts as the AEA R88.
AEA N8 NUVO Features
- Open and natural
- Designed for far-field: overheads, strings, and room mics
- Unobtrusive, discreet and video friendly look
- The same Big Ribbon™ as the R44
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labour, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminium
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M