AEA Ultimate Stereo Kit R88 TRP2 Bundle - Kit includes R88 Mk2, TRP2, SKB Hard Case and Stereo Soundbook
£2,082.50 ex. vat
AEA Ultimate Stereo Kit R88 TRP2 Bundle
The AEA The Ultimate Stereo Kit R88 TRP2 Bundle consists of a R88 Mk2, TRP2, SKB Hard Case and Stereo Soundbook, The R88 MKii offers a level of detail and balance in recording like no other microphone available. Packaged in a sleek, five-pound black shell designed for quick setup, it’s an excellent choice for remote recording. Particularly well suited for the rock, roots, classical, Americana and jazz genres, the R88mk2 has such versatility that engineers like John Cuniberti use it as their one mic to capture an entire band performing live in the same room. There is a reason that legendary Blackbird Studios in Nashville owns five R88s.
The AEA TRP2 preamp provides two channels of high-output, high-impedance, and low-noise gain in a half-rack package with a rich and natural sound that brings out the full potential of your microphones. Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the TRP2 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound that ribbons are uniquely known for. The TRP2 is a powerhouse that provides unparalleled high gain with low-noise. With 85db of JFET output, the TRP2 gives you enough juice to record soft sources without ever having to worry about noise.
Included in bundle
- R88 Mk2 Stereo Ribbon Mic
- TRP2 Stereo Mic Preamp
- SKB Hard Case
- New Stereo Soundbook
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional
- Frequency Range: < 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165 dB SPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Sensitivity: 2.5 mV/Pa (-52 dBV) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 ohm broadband
- Load Impedance: 1.2 kohm or greater
- Phantom power: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 and 4 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Off Axis Response: Bidirectional
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -35dB null at 90º / 270º
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0º / 180º, -25 dB null at 90º / 270º
- Transducer Element Material: Pure aluminum corrugated ribbon
- Transducer Element Thickness: 1.8 µm
- Transducer Element Width: 0.185 in (4.7 mm)
- Transducer Element Length: 2.35 in (59.7 mm)
- Weight: 2 lb 9.8 oz (1.19 kg)
- Connector: XLR-5M, includes breakout cable - 2 XLR-3M
- Size: 8.5” w, 8.5 d, 1.5” h (36.7 cm x 36.7 cm x 4.3 cm)
- Weight: 2lbs oz (0.9 kg)
- Gain at 1kHz: 85dB of gain at 1kHz, balanced-in to balanced-out in Microphone Input mode
- Noise figure, rms A-weighted: <2dB
- Noise figure, rms unweighted: <3dB, 20 kHz LPF bandwidth
- THD: -3dB <1Hz and >100 kHz <0.02% at 1 kHz
- Input impedance: 63K Ohms (10K Ohms when P48 is engaged)
- Input Gain control: Twelve-position switch provides from +7dB to +63dB of gain for the preamplifier circuit, as measured between the input and the before the output line driver.
- Switched LF Shelving filter: 12dB per octave from 100 Hz
- Color LEDs: Yellow, Green, Red
- XLR output maximum level into 600Ω load: +28 dBu, balanced; 0 dBu = 0.7746 V rms
- XLR connectors polarity: Pin-1 is ground, pin-2 is high, pin-3 is low
- LED signal level indicators: The green LED snaps on at -20 dBu to indicate the presence of signal; the yellow LED snaps on at 0 dBu; the red LED snaps on at +24 dBu to warn of approaching signal overload.