Antelope Audio Edge - Modelling Microphone
£582.50 ex. vat
Antelope Audio Edge
The Antelope Edge is a Modelling microphone suited for the manufacturers real-time mic preamp modeling. When combined with Antelopes FPGA Vintage Compressors and EQ's, this microphone will comprise a true cutting edge front end that will usher in a new era for modern recording. Featuring dual edge-terminated capsules, this mic produces natural and smooth sounding audio replicating the expensiveness and character of expensive classic microphones.
Boasting a specially designed low-resonance body, the Edge features a pair of capsules with 6-micron gold-sputtered membranes. These edge-terminated capsules provide an incredibly smooth and natural response that can then be shaped to recreate the character of some of the costliest microphones in existence.
Crucially, the Edge’s two capsules feed two separate outputs, meaning that the signal from each capsule can be individual processed and recombined. While some mic modeling systems can only apply crude EQ adjustments on top of a static mic response, this dual capsule, dual output approach allows us to precisely model every polar pattern on every mic, with accurate on- and off-axis responses, for true multi-dimensional mic modeling.
Edge is designed for all pre amp-equipped Antelope Audio interfaces and outstanding sound can only be guaranteed when used with them. If a user is interested in the Edge emulations but uses an interface from another brand, they should go for the Edge Strip bundle, which includes a perfectly matched two channel Discrete Preamp and several powerful native plugins.
USB 2.0 equipped Mac or PC
Core 2 Duo minimum, Core i3/i5/i7/Xeon recommended
4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended
OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or greater
- Microphone type: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 34mm Large Condenser – Double sided with 6μm gold sputtered membranes
- Polar Pattern: Multi-pattern
- Freq. response: 20HZ – 20KHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms
- Power Requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Output Connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Colour: Black matte
- Weight (mic body): 1.23 lbs. (560 grams)
- Dimensions (mic body): 8.6″ x 2.1″ (219mm x 53mm)
- Breakout Cable: 16.4′ (5meters) 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male XLR (High grade OFC Y cable)
- Mount: Shock absorber type with detachable pop-filter