Aphex A PRE 500 Mic Preamp with Jensen Transformer 500 Series Lunchbox Module
£415.83 ex. vat
The Aphex A PRE 500 mic pre is inspired by the popular Aphex 188 eight-channel preamp, both using a custom designed input Transformer. The A PRE 500 then adds a Jensen JT-11DL nickel output balancing transformer. The A PRE 500 provides affordable access to the unmistakable 188 sound.
Aphex A PRE 500 Features
- Front panel 10Mohm, ¼” input for the connection of instruments like guitar and bass. This input overrides the input on the rear of the receiving frame when connected.
- A 3-way switch allows the selection of +16, +20 or +24dBu output levels.
- The 20-segment input meter allows input levels to be easily seen, even from a distance.
- 65 dB of gain to properly operate dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones and a 26dB pad for very loud sources.
- Illuminated buttons control Phantom Power, Phase Reverse and 75Hz High Pass Filter
Live Performance- It’s becoming more and more common for live sound engineers to use outboard mic preamps on specific sources like lead vocals, acoustic guitars, snare drums and such. Especially for those engineers who have to use a different P.A. system every night at different venues. This allows them to keep a consistent sound for their featured instruments.
Professional Studio Recording - The A PRE 500 has a very neutral, yet bright character. It sounds especially good on drums and percussion, B3 Organs, electric pianos, and acoustic guitars. The ¼” input makes it easy to run instruments through the mic pre without using a direct box.
Aphex A PRE 500 Specifications
- Type: Aphex custom CineMag transformer, instrumentation second stage
- Impedance: 1300 ohm nominal
- Instrument Impedance: 10M ohm nominal
- CMRR: >90dB @ 60Hz
- Gain Range: +30dB to +70dB (no pad, +24 level)
- Pad: 26dB
- Max Input Level: -3dBu (no pad), +23dBu (pad)
- Low Cut: 2nd order, -3dB @ 75Hz
- Type: Transformer balanced, Jensen JT-11-DL
- Nominal Level: +4dBu
- Maximum Level (Meter 0dB): +24/+20/+16 dBu switchable
- Impedance: 100 ohm nominal
- THD: <0.003% @ +4dBu out
- Frequency Response: +/-1 dB <10Hz to 100kHz
- EIN: -125dBu @ max gain
- Current draw: 75mA