API 2500 - Anniversary Edition - Stereo Buss Compressor
£3,700.00 ex. vat
API 2500 - Anniversary Edition
This API 2500 is a limited edition 50th Anniversary Stereo Bus Compressor, API's flagship compressor and the 50th Anniversary Edition adds a few unique features to this highly-valued unit including flexible output mix blending, LED gain reduction meters, premium VU meters, and a 2U, gold-faced chassis.
Each 2500 Anniversary Edition is individually serialized denoting its status as part of a limited run of only fifty units. Carefully designed to deliver API's signature analog sound, the 2500-AE delivers warmth, clarity and punch, whether used for subtle adjustments or heavy compression effects.
API 2500 Features
- Limited 50th Anniversary Edition: Only 50 units built
- New Mix/Blend Circuit
- "Over Threshold" LED illuminates when input audio crosses the set threshold
- Patented THRUST® filter with 3 settings for frequency dependent side chain control
- 3 selectable compressor curve KNEE settings
- Selectable NEW or OLD type switch for feed-forward or feed-back operation
- Preset or variable release time control
- Variable Left/Right link with peak and RMS control voltage filters
- Selectable automatic or manually variable make-up gain
- Audio circuit uses 2510 and 2520 discrete op amps with transformer output
- Premium stereo VU meters show selectable input or output
- 10-segment stereo gain reduction meter
- Full hard-wired relay bypass
- Commemorative serial number plate
- Rear Connectors: XLR input, 1/4" side chain, XLR output
- Maximum Output Level: +32dB
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 120 dB
- Power Consumption: 33.6 Watts
- Size: 19" X 3.5" X 10.5" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 20.875" X 14.375" X 8"
- Actual Weight: 11.4 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 15.3 lbs.