Apogee Duet - Audio Interface for iPad and Mac
£387.50 ex. vat
Apogee Duet - Audio Interface for iPad and Mac
The Apogee Duet is a portable USB 2.0 audio interface for iPad and Mac featuring 2 world-class apogee mic preamps and 4 analogue outputs, all utilising Apogee's renowned AD/DA conversion. The Duet also features MIDI for use with keyboards and controllers.
Apogee Duet is an award-winning audio interface, headphone amp and MIDI interface making it easy to create professional recordings anywhere on your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac. With Apogee’s legendary digital audio conversion and world-class mic preamps, Duet is the best way to capture your music with incredible dimension and detail.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Duet’s AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Duet’s efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
Much like the AD/DA converters, Duet’s mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Duet’s mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Soft Limit for protection from digital overs
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee’s AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee’s most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Duet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software. This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
Inputs & Outputs
Breakout Cable - Duet’s breakout cable includes 2 combination mic/instrument connectors (XLR and 1/4” built into a single connector) and 2 balanced 1/4” connectors for speakers. The elegant single cable-to-junction design allows for easy cable management and the locking connection to Duet is robust and stylish.
2 Analog Inputs - Duet’s 2 combination input connectors (XLR and 1/4”) allow you to connect microphones, guitars and keyboards or your favorite external mic preamps, compressors and EQs.
4 Analog Outputs - Duet includes 4 analog outputs. 2 1/4” balanced outputs for connection to speakers or outboard equipment and a separate, independently controlled 1/4” stereo headphone output.
With these 4 outputs it’s possible for a DJ to monitor a separate mix in headphones while sending a house mix to the club, a live performer to send a click track to in-ear monitors while sending a backing track to front-of-house, and a recording engineer to send a headphone mix to the performer while dedicating the main outputs to studio monitors.
MIDI - Duet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. This eliminates the need for an external MIDI interface and promotes an all-in-one music creation solution where Duet and Maestro manage all audio and MIDI. On iPad, Duet’s MIDI connection allows both Duet and a keyboard or DJ controller to be connected at the same time to the iPad's single connector (Lightning or 30-pin).
Breakout Box Accessory - Available as a separate accessory for Duet is a solidly built, aluminum breakout box with 2 1/4” inputs, 2 XLR inputs (for 2 simultaneous channels of input) and 2 balanced XLR outputs. The Duet breakout box features studio-quality I/O connectors and includes a 2 meter cable allowing you to extend your input and output connections away from your desktop and minimize cable clutter.
Please note the breakout box does not enable extra inputs or outputs. Whether you are using the breakout cable or breakout box Duet is capable of 2 channels of analog input (mic, line, or instrument) and 4 channels of analog output (left/right headphones and left/right monitor outputs).
Apogee Duet Features
- First professional stereo audio interface for iPad
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- USB 2.0 Mac and iOS audio interface
2 analog inputs:
- Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
4 analog outputs:
- 2 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- MIDI connection (Core MIDI compatible; USB-A type connector)
- A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Controller knob selects function, sets input and output level
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
Two assignable top panel touch pads to control:
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
- Clear Meters
- Apogee’s Maestro (Mac & iOS) app for advanced control
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.
In The Box
- Breakout Cable with:2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument Inputs
- 2 Balanced Line Outputs
- USB Cable
- Lightning iOS cable
- 30-pin iOS cable
- Universal Power Adapter for US, UK and EU
- Quick Start Guide
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1.1 or greater
- Connection: 30-pin or Lightning connector
- DC power required (DC power supply included)
iOS device compatibility
- iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
- iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad
- iPad mini
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
Apogee Duet Specifications
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)