Aston Microphones Origin - Cardioid Condenser Microphone
£151.67 ex. vat
Aston Microphones Origin
The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1”) gold evaporated capsule. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals.
Its hand-se-lected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Origin.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound...for a natural and transparent recording.
Aston Origin Features
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis• Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills, just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kΩ: 23mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switch: -10dB/0d
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation