Aston Stealth - Broadcast quality microphone for studio and stage with 4 switchable voices
£200.00 ex. vat
The Aston Stealth is a beautifully designed microphone with 4 switchable voices tailored by a total of 92 top engineers to get the perfect sound straight out of the microphone. The Stealth is internally shock mounted and provides you with amazing sound without the need to EQ, the 4 different voices feature different transients, frequency responses and and levels providing you with 1 microphone that's perfect for all applications.
Aston Stealth includes a proprietary internal shock mount design with the capsule suspended in mid-air, completely isolated from the mic chassis, and supported at 3 points by Sorbothane polymer hemi-spheres. Sorbothane is a synthetic viscoelastic urethane polymer used as a vibration damper and acoustic shield used in computing, hi-fi and many industrial applications. Stealth’s acoustically tuned headstock provides a highly focused cardioid polar pattern with enhanced off-axis rejection.
The Stealth is the world’s first microphone with an auto-detect function which senses 48V phantom power and automatically switches the mic to active mode. Stealth was developed in partnership with more than 90 top engineers, producers and artists on the Aston 33 development panel who participated in a series of blind listening tests designed to create the best possible sound. The resulting four voice settings, Vocal 1, Vocal 2, Guitar and Dark, offer an unprecedented variety of world class sounds to suit almost every application.
With some of the biggest advances in mic technology in decades, conceived and designed from the ground-up, Stealth is the world’s most versatile microphone. Boasting settings for four separate voices, each one rigorously tested to deliver unparalleled performance across a wide range of applications, Stealth also introduces a host of innovative technological features offering significant improvements over traditional mic designs.
Aston Stealth Features
- Broadcast quality cardioid microphone for studio and stage
- 4 settings – 4 different voices – 4 discrete signal paths
- Works with and without 48V phantom power
- Autodetect function senses 48V and activates built in preamp
- Class A mic preamp built in - no external gain lifting device required
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount
- Excellent off axis (side) rejection
- Built-in purple LED phantom power indicator - switchable for stealth mode
- Aston’s legendary build quality
- Sound developed by 92 top engineers, producers and artists on the Aston 33 panel
- Supplied with quick release stand mount
- Transducer Type: Moving coil
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Self Noise Level: 10dB A-weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm - passive mode: Average 1 mV/Pa (varies across 4 voices)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm - active mode: Average 150 mV/Pa (varies across 4 voices)
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 140dB
- Product length: 196 mm / 7.72 in
- Product width: 58 mm / 2.28 in
- Product weight: 692 g / 1.52 lb