ATC SCM25A PRO - Compact Three-Way Active Monitor Speaker (Pair)
£6,500.00 ex. vat
ATC SCM25A PRO
Designed for positioning on a meter bridge, or rack-mountable for broadcast applications, the ATC SCM25A Pro offers very high-performance in the most compact possible form factor.
The SCM25A Pro incorporates ATC's proprietary short coil seven-inch carbon-paper woofer, a three-inch soft dome midrange driver and a one-inch silk dome tweeter in a ported enclosure that measures 10.4 inches (264 mm) (H) x 16.9 inches (430 mm) (W) x 16 inches (408 mm) (D). The integrated tri-amplifier generates 150 W RMS for the woofer, 50 W RMS for the midrange and 25 W RMS for the tweeter. The passively cooled amp pack also features FET limiting. The crossovers are all 4th order, critically damped with phase compensation. The SCM25A Pro produces a wide, stable soundfield with very low coloration and offers low frequency extension to 42 Hz (-6dB).
The SCM25A Pro incorporates ATC's short-coil, 7in carbon-paper woofer, a 3in soft dome midrange driver and a 1in silk dome tweeter in a ported enclosure that measures 10.4in x 16.9in x 16in. The integrated triamplifier generates 150W RMS for the woofer, 50W for the midrange and 25W for the tweeter. The passively cooled amp pack features FET limiting. The crossovers are all fourth order and critically damped with phase compensation.
ATC launch the SCM25A, the company's first compact 3-way active studio monitor loudspeaker. The loudspeaker aims to bring the performance of ATC's well know larger models to a compact package, better suited to the smaller control room, production or broadcast suite. As with all ATC products, acoustic performance has been the primary goal and the design uses drive units and amplifier technology from the larger SCM series loudspeakers.
The drive units all use large diameter, under-hung voice coils for excellent dynamic range and linearity. The mid-range dome is the company's world renowned soft dome, and the bass driver is a hand built, in house, using a carbon-paper cone with high excursion capability. On-board amplification is constructed around the company's class A/B Mosfet output stage delivering 150W to the bass driver, 60W to the mid and 25W to the high frequency driver, with all three stages fed by 4th order critically damped crossover filters with phase compensation. An added feature of the compact design is that it can be rack mounted using an optional rack mounting kit, making it ideally suited to broadcast and outside broadcast applications.
ATC SCM25A PRO Features
- 25mm neodymium soft dome tweeter
- ATC hand built 3˝/75mm soft dome mid driver
- ATC hand built 7˝/175mm carbon-paper cone bass driver
- On-board grounded source 235W class A/B 3-way amplifier
- Compact size with high output and low cut-off frequency
- 19˝ rack mountable
- 6 year warranty
- Drivers: HF 25mm soft dome, Mid 75mm soft dome, LF 164mm short-coil carbon paper cone
- Amplitude Linearity (±2dB): 74Hz-17kHz
- Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing): 47Hz-22kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre): 109dB
- Audio Input: Rear panel mounted female xlr (pin 2 +)
- Input Sensitivity: 1V rms (ref. full output)
- Input Sensitivity Trim: 0dB to -6dB/1V – 2V (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Input Impedance: Balanced > 10kΩ
- Amplifier Output Power: Bass 150W rms, Mid 60W rms, High 25W rms
- Crossover Frequencies: 380Hz & 3.5Khz
- Crossover Filters: 4th order critically damped with phase compensations
- Low Frequency Boost: 0dB to +3dB at 40Hz (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 264 x 430 x 369mm (10.4˝ x 16.9˝ x 14.5˝). Handles add an 39mm/1.5″ to depth.
- Weight: 30kg / 66lbs (per cabinet)