Audio Technica AT897 - Short Shortgun Microphone, 279mm long
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
£249.60 inc. vat
£208.00 ex. vat
£208.00 ex. vat
Please contact us for availability.
Audio Technica AT897
The Audio Technica AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
*Does not include mic stand and cable pictured.
Audio Technica AT897 Features
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
View on the Audio Technica Europe website.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Weight: 5.1 oz (145 g)
- Dimensions: 10.98" (279.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case