Audio Technica U851R - Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone Phantom Power Only
£184.72 ex. vat
Audio Technica U851R
Featuring breakthrough audio and mechanical design innovations, the phantom-powered Audio Technica U851R offers outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications.
The microphone is equipped with a PivotPoint® rotating output connector, UniSteep® filter and UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology. It accepts interchangeable condenser elements - available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the U851R is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
Audio Technica U851R Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint® capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 108 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 9.2 oz (262 g)
- Dimensions: 4.25" (108.0 mm) long, 3.31" (84.0 mm) maximum width, 0.91" (23.0 mm) height
- Output Connector: TB3M-type
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long, 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F and XLRM-type connectors
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.