Audio Technica U891RCX - Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone with Local or Remote Switching Phantom Power Only
£225.00 ex. vat
Audio Technica U891RCx
The Audio Technica U891RCx is a wide range condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, and is equipped with local or remote switching options. For flexible control in conference and boardroom installations, the unit's external contact closure ability allows a user to trigger an external device - a camera, for instance - from a switch on the microphone.
Another ease-of-use feature: the microphone's electronic on-off switch can be set to three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, press to talk, and press to mute. The mic is also equipped an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. Its red LED status indicator can be controlled remotely. UniGuard® innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; interchangeable elements are available in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns; a unique rotating PivotPoint® connector changes the cable exit point - no tools required. It requires 11 to 52V DC phantom power, which operates the microphone and switch circuitry.
Audio Technica U891RCx Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- Ultra-quiet electronic switch can be set to any of three operating modes: "touch-on/touch-off," "touch-to-talk" and "touch-to-mute"
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint® capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 130 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Weight: 266g
- Dimensions: 108.0mm long, 84.0mm maximum width, 23.0mm height
- Output Connector: TB5M-type
- Cable: 7.6m long, 3.2mm diameter, 5-conductor shielded cable (2 conductors under shield; 3 control wires outside shield); TA5F-type connector at microphone end, output end stripped and tinned for connection to electronic device
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.