Bettermaker Mastering Limiter - Analogue Mastering Limiter with Touch Screen
£1,907.50 ex. vat
Bettermaker Mastering Limiter
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter has outstanding sound performance that's perfected by the quality of its hardware design. But all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allowed Bettermaker to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog limiters such as Save and recall presets, instant reset of all parameters, rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments, precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control and DAW automation.
Great care and thought went into the development and implementation of the analog section of the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter. High quality capacitors and low noise op-amps are used in the analog path. Relays were used, whenever creating the shortest path for the audio signal was necessary. The analog section consist of high quality input/output buffers capable of passing thru high level audio signals (up to +23dBu, balanced, THD < 0.1%). All these modules are controlled by the digital section of the Mastering Limiter, so no mechanical switches or knobs are required to adjust any of the parameters.
The digital section of the Mastering Limiter is based around two high speed, 32- bit micro-controllers, with dedicated firmware programmed into their memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). One of them is responsible for controlling the VCA limiter, when the other watches over the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Mastering Limiter functions. The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. The linear power supply was used instead the switching one to improve the sonic qualities even further.
Front panel and LCD touchscreen
The front panel of the Mastering Limiter is build around big LCD touchscreen, that allows you to control almost all functions available in the device. Apart from that, you can also monitor input/output levels, amount of gain reduction (and clipping) applied by the limiter, perform advanced measurements (FFT, LUFS, K-metering), use on-screen QWERTY keyboard for naming your presets and more. You can even display fully configurable, analog style VU meters!
Bettermaker Mastering Limiter Features
- The Limiter has 3 functionalities that are essential to make a perfect master. All of them are recallable by the internal memory and a plugin that also handles automation.
- Analog Mastering Limiter:
- 100% analog signal path
- Intelligent and manual release
- Variable mix between limiting and clipping
- Possibility to turn off the clipping section, so you can clip with you favorite AD or other.
- Maximum input level: +21,5 dBu (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +23 dBu (THD < 0.1%)
- Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum gain reduction: 20 dB
- Makeup gain: automatic
- Attack time: 0.1 – 250ms
- Release time: 0.01 – 1.3s + IREL (intelligent release)
- Input impedance (differential): 48kΩ (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω + 50Ω (electronically balanced)
- Frequency response 5Hz to 30kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Dynamic range: 115 dB @ +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: CMRR: max 80 dB @ 3 kHz, min 55 dB @ 50Hz, 20 kHz BW
- Crosstalk: min -90 dB @ 1KHz, max -55 dB @ 30Hz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- Maximum power consumption: 30W (uses 630mA slow blow fuse)