Dangerous Music Monitor SR (DM09) Surround Expansion Module for the ST
£1,325.00 ex. vat
Dangerous Music Monitor SR (DM09)
The Dangerous Music SR is a companion expansion module, providing full 5.1 capability to the Dangerous Monitor ST. You can start in stereo with the ST and expand to surround later simply by adding the SR. No redundancy or obsolescence. Configure and control your entire system from the comfort of your sweet spot.
The Dangerous Music MONITOR ST is an audiophile-grade, multi-purpose monitor controller for tracking, mixing and mastering that won’t color your sound. With the SR expansion unit, you can turn the award-winning ST into a versatile surround monitoring system. Need to work in 5.1, 7.1, 10.2? No problem, just include as many SR units as needed.
IMPECCABLE SOUND, ELEGANT CONTROL
Designed by the legendary Chris Muth, the MONITOR ST/SR system handles all of your input sources and speaker routing with crystal clarity and massive headroom delivered from a meticulously designed circuit built from only the highest quality components available. With its relay-actuated analog stepped attenuator, ever-expandable input channels and speaker outs, programmable I/O levels, all controlled via the sleek remote control, you can accurately dial in even the most elaborate surround systems for rock solid imaging and crystal clarity. And because all the switching within the MONITOR ST/SR combo is handled by relays, your audio signals are delivered to your speakers unadulterated, removing all the guesswork while tracking, mixing or mastering.
SOPHISTICATED SURROUND SIGNAL ROUTING
The MONITOR ST/SR handles the complex routing of a surround system with ease. When used together, the ST unit routes your front L-R speakers, the SR unit seamlessly handles the remaining inputs and speaker outputs, while the straightforward remote manages both units as an elegantly unified system. All connections on the SR are made via highest quality DB-25 connectors, and even with just one SR unit you can instantly manage both your L-R stereo plus sub and your surround array with LFE, all without patching a single cable. There is also a dedicated port for sending the selected input source to a surround metering array.
- Mix Magazine Certified Hit
- Future Music Ace Awards (winner)
- TEC Award (Nominated)
Dangerous Music Monitor SR Features
- Hand assembled in the USA.
- Audiophile-grade components throughout for crystal clear monitoring.
- Expand the MONITOR ST into an elegant surround system.
- Programmable remote tethered by a single Cat 5e shielded cable.
- Customize the analog inputs, speaker sets and dedicated subwoofer output.
- Audiophile-grade analog stepped-attenuator volume control.
- Adjust for and store level offsets for different devices.
- Dedicated meter outputs.
- Use with Dangerous Music CONVERT-8 DAC for direct remote control integration and unmatched clarity.
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002 percent
- IMD: 0.003 percent
- Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: >96dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or -10dBV
- Crossover: -3dB @ 57Hz 18dB/octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
- Headphone amp: 0.002 percent THD+N
- Headroom: +25dBu to main outputs