Phoenix Audio DRSQ4M MKII & Soundelux U195 Studio FET Cardioid Microphone Bundle - Special Offer
£1,250.00 ex. vat
Phoenix Audio DRSQ4M MKII & Soundelux U195 Studio Bundle
This Phoenix Audio DRSQ4M MKII & Soundelux U195 Bundle provides you with a studio quality MicPre and microphone. The DRS-Q4M MKII is a microphone preamp and DI with -30dB input pad, High Pass Filter and Class A inputs. The Soundelux U195 is a cardioid FET condenser microphone with large diaphragm inspired by the legendary K67 capsule.
This Phoenix DRSQ4M allows a vast variety of sounds, useful for everything from clean high-headroom mix buss tone shaping to deep frequency carving to smooth Class-A circuit saturation. The Gyrator EQ was first developed during what most consider the golden age of solid-state analog audio design: the 1970s. Originally designed to emulate the characteristics of an active inductor EQ (think Neve, API), the Gyrator EQ uses a rather clever combination of an amplifier, resistors and capacitors to accomplish incredibly smooth and musical frequency modifications.
The Soundelux U 195 has been reissued by David Bock, the original Soundelux designer, and is an exact reissue of the Elux 195 as it was also known then. It features a unique tone control switch that offers either a flat frequency response with a high- end boost or a Fat mode providing a boost between 10Hz and 400Hz recreating the tone of vintage valve microphones. The mode works by affecting the negative feedback built into the circuit. The U195 also includes a non-capacitive pad which reduces the mic’s sensitivity by 10DB, and a Low Cut switch which cuts by 10dB at 20Hz.
- Pattern: cardioid only
- Frequency range: 10 Hz through 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 14 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise: 23 dB unweighted; 12 dB “A” weighted
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 71 dB unweighted; 82 dB “A” weighted
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB @ 0.5%
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Dynamic range: 115 dB
- Capsule size: 1 inch in diameter
- Dimensions: 2.09 by 7.7 inches (5.3 by 19.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Power consumption: 0.5 mA @ 48 vdc
- Power supply: phantom-powered, user provided
PHOENIX AUDIO DRSQ4M MKI
- Input Stange: Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input.
- Wiring: PTFE silver plated military grade cable
- Input pad: -30dB
- High Pass Filter: -6dB per octave @ 120Hz
- LED: Gain Metering
- Push buttons: Hi-Pass, 48v, Phase Reverse, Switchable 48V phantom power on push-button switch
- Roll-off: -6dB per octave @ 80Hz
- Phase Reverse: On Push-Button Switch
- Mic Pre Gain Range: -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the ouput fader.
- Output: +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency response Class A (DSOP-2) output stage: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- 1U half rack space unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs. Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear