PMC TwoTwo 5 - Active 2-Way Studio Monitor (Pair)
£2,912.50 ex. vat
PMC TwoTwo 5 - Pair
The PMC twotwo.5 is an active 2-way true reference loudspeaker monitor, featuring both analogue and digital connectivity, a 5.5 inch driver, and a powerful DSP engine controlling driver response, crossover and EQ.
From PMC – the producer of true reference loudspeaker monitors – the all-new twotwo series combines PMC’s world-class design pedigree with sophisticated digital signal processing and active amplification to create a range of stunningly accurate, versatile, and compact two-way reference grade monitors.
The range currently comprises of two models – the twotwo.5 and twotwo.6 – all designed and built in Britain using state-of-the-art technologies and components. The result is unrivalled level of clarity, transparency and accuracy for professional compact monitors. twotwo series models all share the same core design and features – the model number refers only to the approximate size (in inches) of the bass driver, with larger numbers denoting increasing cabinet volume, greater bass extension and higher SPL capabilities.
PMC’s attention to detail is evident throughout the design of twotwo series, but a feature new to the compact range is their ability to operate in either the vertical or horizontal orientations without compromising stereo imaging or tonal accuracy. This makes them ideally suited for nearfield monitoring of music and speech in situations where space is at a premium, such as in outside broadcast vehicles, small radio on-air studios and television sound control galleries, project music studios, video editing and post-production suites and for A&R evaluations.
- True compact reference monitors with ATL™ bass loading technology
- Class leading connectivity – both analogue & digital up to 192kHz
- Cutting edge, audiophile, high efficiency dual Class-D amplification
- Powerful DSP engine controlling driver response, crossover & EQ
- Versatile positioning – perfect in both vertical & horizontal orientation
- Precision drivers designed and built by PMC for dynamics & neutrality
Size can be decidedly deceptive. Although the smallest member of the twotwo family, this ultra-compact nearfield model features the same technology as its larger siblings allowing it to perform way beyond expectation. Astonishing resolution and neutrality is provided by sophisticated DSP, dual power amplifiers, PMC’s new 27mm tweeter and a 140mm (5.5”) bass unit, all housed within a carefully specified ATL™ labyrinth cabinet. This delivers class-leading depth of bass for the cabinet size, while retaining dynamics and musicality. The twotwo.5 is a dependable, high-resolution monitor, which is ideal for situations where space is at a premium but quality must not be compromised.
- Available Finishes: Blackblue
- Complementary Products: IB1S-AII
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
- Dimensions: H 296 W 155 D 295 (mm)
- Drive Units: LF 140mm (5.5 inch), HF 27mm Soft Dome
- Effective ATL™ Length: 1.5m (4.92ft)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz – 25kHz
- Input Connectors: Balanced analogue XLR, unbalanced RCA-phono, AES3 digital XLR, (left/right channel selectable), All XLR-3F connectors wired Pin-1 screen, Pin-2 hot, Pin-3 cold, Each input has independent ±8dB trim range
- Useable Frequency Response: 50Hz – 25kHz Peak SPL @ 1M: 111dB
- Weight: 5.4