Royer R-122V - Tube Ribbon Microphone - B-Stock
£1,895.00 ex. vat
Royer R-122V - B-Stock
This B-stock Royer R-122V is in mint condition. The R-122V is a vacuum tube ribbon microphone with a high output level meaning it can be used with most preamps comfortably unlike passive ribbon microphones which require preamps with a lot of gain.
Featuring the same large-ribbon transducer as the R-121 and R-122, the addition of the high voltage vacuum tube provides more headroom and translates sonically into unmatched clarity and detail, along with the ability to handle very high SPLs.
The R-122V will sound great on the same sources as the R-121 and R-122 such as electric guitar and brass, but the extra output makes is great for classical recordings on woodwinds, strings, percussion, brass, room, and even the Decca Tree.
A low-noise, triode-connected military grade 5840 vacuum tube is included and the dedicated power supply helps if long cable runs are required.
Royer R-122V Features
- Vacuum tube electronics provide high output capability, optimal impedance to the ribbon element and low output impedance
- Extremely low self-noise
- Operates from a dedicated power supply
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion instruments
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Ribbon element unaffected by impedance/load, heat or humidity
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
- Orchestral miking, close and distant
- Strings - solo & sections
- Acoustic Piano, Harp, etc.
- Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Vocals, Commercial Broadcast, Voice Over
- Brass, Horn Sections
- Drum Overheads, Room Miking
- Percussion Instruments
Royer R-122V Specifications
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with vacuum tube electronics.
- Vacuum Tube: JAN mil-spec 5840W pentode wired in triode configuration
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -36 dB (re. 1v/pa +/- 1 dB)
- Self-Noise: < 18 dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms, balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 K-Ohm
- Maximum SPL: >135dB SPL @ 20 Hz
- Power Requirements: Plate supply: 135 VDC @2ma, Filament supply: 6 VDC@ 150ma from dedicated power supply.
- Dimensions: 206mm L, 25mm W (8 1/8 " L, 1" W).
- Weight: 300g (10.9 oz )
- Finish: Dull Satin Nickel/Matte Black Chrome optional