Sound Devices MixPre-D - Portable 2 channel mic mixer
£974.16 ex. vat
The Sound Devices MixPre-D is a Portable 2 channel mic mixer designed specifically for audio professionals needing the most flexible connectivity in production applications where capturing great sound is important, but size and weight are a concern. The MixPre-D can be powered by two-AA batteries or 10-18 VDC
At the heart of the MixPre-D are two studio-grade mic/line inputs with available limiters, high-pass filters and phantom power. Inputs can be linked in standard or MS mode for stereo recording applications. All of these input functions are configured with front panel controls.
Analog and Digital Outputs
To accommodate the increasing variety of cameras and devices used in production, the MixPre-D has incredible output flexibility. Outputs include balanced mic/line XLR, digital AES (XLR), dedicated consumer mic-level on a locking TA3 connector (designed specifically for DSLR-type inputs) and an aux-level output on 3.5 mm connection.
USB Audio Interface
The "D" in MixPre-D indicates the infusion of extensive digital technology. In addition to 24-bit AES digital outputs, USB audio streaming is provided for Mac OS, Windows or Linux computers. When the MixPre-D is connected to a computer with a USB cable, the operating system recognizes it as a USB Audio Class compliant device. No driver installation is required.
A Heritage of Portability
The smaller sibling to the 302 Compact Production Field Mixer and the 552 Portable Production Mixer, the MixPre-D is perfect for professional applications where the smallest and lightest mixer is required, and the sound performance, functions, and features of a larger mixer is essential.
Sound Devices MixPre-D Features
- Transformer-balanced mic/line selectable inputs
- 48-volt or 12-volt phantom power
- "Unclippable" input peak limiters, dual-mono or stereo linked operation
- Input panning to Left, Center, or Right outputs
- Mid-Side Stereo (MS) matrix with width control and front-panel channel flip
- Return can be used as ch3/ch4 aux-level inputs, selectable pan and level control
- High-pass filters, 80 Hz or 160 Hz
- Slate microphone and tone oscillator
- Mic/Line/AES digital selectable outputs, digital SR of 44.1 , 48 , or 96 kHz
- 24-bit, class-compliant USB streaming output for interconnection with Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and select iOS devices, computer audio in MixPre-D headphones
- Dedicated mic-level output on locking TA3 connector for unbalanced camera inputs
- Headphone monitoring of program audio or external return audio
- Sunlight-viewable, 16-segment GaN LED output meter with adjustable brightness
- Internal battery-power from two AA
- External power input, 10-18 VDC
- High-strength, extruded aluminum chassis with metal connectors