Unity Audio The Boulder MKIII - 3-Way Active Monitor - Single
£2,706.00 ex. vat
Unity Audio The Boulder MKIII
The Unity Audio Boulder MK-III is the latest version in the Boulder models and features a 3-way active monitor that supersedes the MK-II and continues to build on this revered monitor, further redefining expected levels of sonic performance and accuracy for this truly world-class monitoring system. Like the critically acclaimed MK-I & MK-II, the new MK-III boast's a fast, accurate detailed sound and prodigious extended bass response, and delivers even greater levels of SPL to fit into any critical listening environment or scenario.
The eye-catching surface of the precision built German Crystal Membrane is more than just an attractive design feature. The Crystal Membrane woofer construction uses Aluminum-Sandwich AS Technology. The crystal-shaped inverse aluminium dome is joined to the paper cone in a special gluing process to result in the desired sandwich construction. Resembling the surface of a large crystal, the aluminium-foil stamping stiffens the aluminium dome, diminishing resonances and minimizing coloration, while improving power handling and dynamics.
- 2 x New 8.5" / 220mm Crystal Membrane Woofers.
- 2 x New 300 watt Class D amplifiers inc dedicated PSU for woofers.
- Crystal Membrane 8.5" / 220mm Woofers
Regarded as easily rivalling many larger and more costly monitoring systems, the new MK-III is now fitted with 2 x 300 watt Class D amplifiers with their own separate power supply specifically for the 2 x Crystal Membrane woofers. The Boulder MK-III still retains it's two original discrete custom Class A/B amplifiers with their own dedicated power supply for the Coaxial X-Jet mid-range / ribbon tweeter.
With the power delivery of the two large Class D amplifiers running the two 8.5" woofers alongside the custom Class A/B amplifier for the Coaxial X-Jet mid-tweeter, the Boulder delivers a life-like sense of scale and take any performance in their stride offering high SPL figures with incredible effortless dynamics and transients.
- 2 x 220mm (8.5") Crystal Membrane Woofer
- 1 x Dual Concentric 130mm (5") X-Jet Mid Range and 50kHz Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Sealed Baltic Birch 18mm (.75") Plywood Cabinet
- Corian 30mm (1.2") Front Baffle Design
- 2 x Class D 300 watt amplifiers including their own dedicated power supply for the 2 x 220mm woofer.
- 2 x Discrete A/B Amplifiers by EsotericAudio Research for the Coaxial X-Jet mid/tweeter
- Input: Balanced XLR
- Frequency response: 30Hz-38kHz +/-3dB
- Cabinet Dimensions: 390mm D x 268mm W x 614mm H
- Weight: 28.8 Kg