IK Multimedia iRig PRE - Universal Microphone Interface for iOS devices & Android devices
£29.00 ex. vat
IK Multimedia iRig PRE - Universal Microphone Interface for iOS & Android devices
If you’ve been looking for a way to conveniently record audio into your iOS device using your favourite microphones, the iRig Pre is the solution. Offering XLR input, +48v Phantom Power, additional mini-jack headphone monitoring output and adjustable gain, the iRig Pre lets you seamless connect your favourite vintage mics to your portable device with ease. And with the included free apps iRig Recorder Free and Vocalive Free, you’ll have everything you need to get recording.
Android Support: The iRig Pre works seamlessly with Android Devices thanks to iRig Recorder Free, which is now available from the Google Play store.
*Does not include microphone or phones pictured.
IK Multimedia iRig PRE Features
- 40 cm (15.75") TRRS cable to connect
- to any iOS device headset jack
- XLR input connector for microphones
- Gain control
- +48 V phantom power
- Headphone output
- On/Off switch
- Power/Phantom Power provided by 9V battery
- Battery life is approximately
- 30 hours with dynamic microphones
- and 10 hours with phantom powered condenser studio microphones
- Download 2 free apps from the App Store:
- - iRig Recorder FREE, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app,
- - VocaLive FREE, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus*, iPhone 7*, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd generation), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 4.3 or later is required.
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.
Mac®: Most Mac computers from 2008 are compatible with the exception of the Mac Pro line. You can check for your Mac compatibility by selecting:
About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Audio and check that "External Microphone / iPhone headset" is appearing on the list of included features.
iRig PRE Specifications
- Frequency response: from 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 1.5dB
- Noise: -98 dB fullband, phantom power ON
- Maximum output level: 2 Vrms
- Distortion: 0.025% THD
- Phantom max current: 6mA
- Battery duration (Alkaline 9V cell): approx 30 hours when phantom is off, approx 10 hours when phantom is on
- iRig PRE
- 9V Battery
- Velcro Strip
- 32mm/1.26" x 35mm/1.38" x 83mm/3.27" (W x L x H)
- Cable length: 450mm/17.72" (Connector included)
- Weight: 100g/3.53oz (Battery included)