Empirical Labs DerrEsser - Desser - 500-Series Module
£374.17 ex. vat
Empirical Labs DerrEsser
The Empirical Labs DerrEsser is a compact 500-series module that is designed to reduce the high frequency content of vocals and reduce the "ess" in certain words. The amount of reduction is dependent on the level of the frequency selected and it reduces the high end and "ess" in an extremely musical way. As a de-esser in the DS mode (HF Limit OFF), the threshold can be set to tame harsh S’s (sibilants) that result from an overly bright singer or from EQ’ing to make a vocal sound aggressive and clear. The DS threshold is not level dependant, and compares the amount of high frequency content to the low frequency content, so adjusting the overall level does NOT affect the threshold. Easy to set and forget. Great care was taken to ensure this DS section meets the Empirical Labs reputation for originality and ease of use. Empirical Labs use the latest technology VCA, specially selected for glitch free, distortion free, and noise free performance. The time constants were carefully selected and the corner frequency is user adjustable with a high performance active crossover.
- Freq. Response is 3 Hz to 120 kHz (-3dB points).
- Dynamic Range - 115 dB from maximum output (.5%THD soft clipping) to minimum output. Transformerless noise floor typically – 93dBu.
- Distortion Ranges between .0035% and .01% depending on mode and settings.
- DC coupled Input and Outputs
- High quality audio caps used internally.
- Input Balanced, Output single ended but with balanced impedance.Pin 2 hot
- Input Impedance is 20k Ohm. Output impedance is less than 51 ohms.
- D-S Dynamics Time Constants - Attack time is less than 1mS. Release .04 sec, fixed internally.
- Power Consumption – 8 Watts max. 4 Watts Typical