Phoenix Audio DRS-1R - 500 Series Class A Mic Pre - Special Offer (While stocks last)
£412.50 ex. vat
Phoenix Audio DRS-1R
The Phoenix Audio DRS-1R is a professional mic pre with everything you would expect to see on a standard 1U rack unit but at the size of 500 series gear. With everything from phantom power, switchable mic/line input a mute button and much more the DRS 1R is compact and resourceful, perfect for any home or professional studio.
The DRS1R-500 includes very high input impedance DI circuits (10Mohm)—remarkably featuring no FETs—on every channel. This design means that guitar and bass pickups are not loaded, allowing the natural sound of both modern and vintage instruments to shine and actually enhancing the sound, sparkle and growl as if they were plugged into your favourite amp. Synths, drum machines, and even laptops can likewise be sweetened by the DRS's DI.
- Phoenix Audio's unique Class A, transformerless, true-balanced mic input stage
- Phoenix Audio's transformer-balanced DSOP-2 Class-A discrete output stage with custom wound DB694 output transformer
- Wired with PTFE silver plated military grade cable
- -30dB input pad
- High Pass Filter: -6dB per octave @ 120Hz
- LED Gain Metering
- Push buttons: Hi-Pass, 48v, Phase Reverse, Switchable 48V phantom power on push-button switch
- High Pass Filter on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 80Hz)
- Phase Reverse on Push-Button Switch
- Mic Pre Gain Range: -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the output fader.
- Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency response Class A (DSOP-2) output stage: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum
- 24v built PSU so you can feel the sound of the 'true' unit and not be limited by the limitations of running at 16v which is the standard Lunchbox voltage.
- Class A Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, Maximum Output = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR’s on rear panel of API rack
- Microphone input: XLR’s Rear Panels of API rack
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the output fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = -2dbu, +4dbu & 0dBu, Yellow = +13dbu Red= +16dBu)
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switch
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch, 120hz 6db per octave
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mute: on Push-button Switch
- Mic Input Frequency Response: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- DI Input Frequency Response: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +26dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 30dB
- Power: 24v built PSU