AMS Neve RMX16 500 Digital Reverb 500 Series Module
£995.00 ex. vat
AMS Neve RMX 16 500 Digital Reverb 500 Series Module
The AMS RMX 16 has been relaunched with a modern 500 series format, the world first microprocessor-controlled and full-bandwidth digital reverberator has characterized an enormous number of seminal recordings from the 1980s onwards. Now available in a 500 series format, the sound once available only to premier studios is now on tap for a much wider user base. In addition to the 9 standard programs, there are 9 aftermarket programs available to RMX16 users via the unique and now elusive remote control. These 9 extra programs are included in the AMS RMX 16 500 Series Digital Reverb Module.
Designed from the outset to be musical rather than simply implementing mathematical algorithms, each program was tuned and re-tuned to provide as wide a “sweet-spot” of settings as possible by means of “carpet graph” parameter tables, interactively linked control by control. It was designed by ear over an extended period of time and from first principles and this is what has made it a classic. Despite its longevity, there is little more any present-day design could better and its sound is unique and instantly recognisable.
AMS RMX16 Features
- An 18kHz bandwidth, allowing it to also be used as a high quality digital delay line.
- 90dB dynamic range and 0.03% distortion in delay mode.
- Adjustable input and output levels for optimum signal to noise performance.
- Low power consumption (and therefore cool running).
- Independent control of each program’s fundamental reverberant parameters.
- Nudge Buttons to increment or decrement data for all selectable reverberation functions.
- Alphanumeric program descriptions for ease of use when storing or recalling information for the unit’s memory.
- New rotary push encoder enabling all parameters and settings to be adjusted by ear.
- New wet/dry mix blend function.
- New save/recall feature with 100 user-defined memory slots.