DPA d:vote™ CORE 4099 Mic, Loud SPL with Clip for Cello
£410.00 ex. vat
DPA 4099-DC-1-201-C - CORE 4099 Mic, Loud SPL with Clip for Cello
The DPA 4099-DC-1-201-C is a high-end microphone with a Cello clip and feature CORE technology. The clip attaches to the C and A string below the bridge. This places the microphone capsule in the sweet spot between the bridge and fingerboard, offering a unique combination of natural string sound and high audio separation on stage. For perfect PA amplification and live recording of a cello choose the d:vote CORE 4099 for Loud SPL, which includes a mounting clip meticulously designed and optimized for the violoncello. It offers a sound that is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pickup.
The sound it provides is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pick-up. The mic fits instruments with a body depth between 35 mm (1.4 in) and 122 mm (4.8 in). Users will appreciate how gently this condenser mic adheres to their prized instrument. It is elegant, lightweight, unobtrusive and designed to stay out of the way during a performance. The mounting mechanism makes it easy to move the mic between instruments with just one hand.
These microphones provide you with industry standard audio quality you can rely on. DPA microphones have been used on many high profile productions such as Game of Thrones because they provide the capabilities need to capture outstanding audio quality in the most compact designs. CORE by DPA is a powerful new technology at the heart of DPA miniature microphones. DPA have minimized distortion. From pianissimo to forte, you will experience increased clarity and openness.
From the piano to guitar; strings to woodwinds; brass to percussion, the d:vote Series sounds equally impressive on them all. This one microphone model can beautifully reinforce an entire orchestra. You can move the mic to another instrument; just make sure you have the right type of clip to mount it correctly.The award-winning d:vote™ series gives you a much more natural sound than any clip-on microphone or pickup. This condenser microphone rejects unwanted noise and accurately captures the true voice of your acoustic instrument.
The d:vote CORE 4099 also features an enhanced shock mount design, providing excellent isolation from handling noise and rumble. Detachable cables are available in heavy duty or lightweight versions, depending on the application both are designed to withstand the rigors of daily use. A versatile, integrated gooseneck extender provides easy and repeatable mounting.
- CORE by DPA technology inside
- Supercardioid condenser microphone
- Handles high SPLs
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Gentle and easy to mount on the instrument
- Detachable cable and a versatile gooseneck extender
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 20 cm (7.9 in): 80 Hz - 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10-12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 71 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion: (THD) < 1% up to 131 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 108 dB
- Max. SPL: 142 dB
- Output impedance:
- From MicroDot: 30 - 40 Ω.
- From DAD4099/DAD6001-BC: 100 Ω
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Common mode rejection ratio: > 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems
- Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 27 g (0.95 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in) / 2.2 mm (0.09 in)
- Polarity: +V at MicroDot pin for positive sound pressure (and pin 2 on DAD4099 or DAD6001-BC XLR adapter)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90%
- Gooseneck length: 140 mm (5.5 in)