Earthworks DM20 - Percussion, Tom & Snare Microphone with RM1 RimMount
£290.83 ex. vat
The Earthworks DM20 is a gooseneck drum mic with a frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz allowing it to capture more detail and dynamics. Included with the DM20 is an RM1 Rim Mount for mounting the microphone directly on the rim of your snare or toms, Plus, save time on setup and teardown by storing the DM20 with the RM1 still attached in its carrying case.
Whether onstage or in the studio, the DM20 captures a drum sound that is larger than life. Onstage the DM20 delivers sound so detailed and natural that the sound coming out of the PA sounds like the drummer is right in front of you. For recording, it will reproduce your toms and snare with incredible detail and pristine sound, faithfully reproducing their true character.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, virtually eliminating phasing issues and ensuring more gain before feedback. The DM20 transient response is lightning fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. Even the loudest drummer cannot overload the DM20 DrumMic™, which can handle up to 150dB SPL.
Designed to withstand the rigors of the road while still delivering the sound quality Earthworks is known for, the DM20 DrumMic™ provides the best of both worlds. Capable of withstanding a stray stick hit, the DM20 removes the worry of close miking snare and toms. Its right angle microphone head lets you easily and precisely position the microphone to get the best drum sound. Featuring a stiff yet flexible gooseneck, the microphone will stay put once you have found its sweet spot.
- Extended frequency response from 20Hz-20kHz to capture more detail and dynamics of your playing
- Ultra fast impulse response makes this microphone ideal for reproducing the full detail of the attack (note: impulse response has little to do with low frequency sounds)
- Shorter diaphragm settling time prevents subtle details from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
- Near-perfect cardioid polar pattern reproduces all specified frequencies uniformly at any position within the pattern
- With over 30dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances or recording environments where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments
- High gain before feedback
- 150dB SPL capability ensures the mic will not overload from the loudest of drum attacks
- A right angle mic head is mounted to the gooseneck for easy positioning
- The microphone head housing is designed to protect the microphone capsule and withstand a direct hit from a drumstick
- Stiff mini-gooseneck that will not move when the drums are hit hard
- Heavy stainless steel construction is able to withstand the punishment of touring
- RM1 RimMount™ is included for mounting the DM20 on rim of snare or toms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 74dB A-weighted
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 200Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 275mm x 22mm (10.75 x .860 inches)
- Gooseneck Length: 159mm (6.75 inches)
- Weight: .25 lb. (1.13kg)