Earthworks FM500HD/HC - 475mm
£832.00 ex. vat
The Earthworks FM500HD/HC is a high definition hypercardioid flexMic podium microphone at a length of 475mm. This mic is designed for those who demand the absolute best, the Earthworks HD FlexMic Series podium microphones are the premium choice for permanent installation in podiums and other surfaces for speech applications.
Whether it is a seasoned professional or a public speaking novice stepping up to the microphone, the HD FlexMic has you covered. Optimized for speech, the FlexMic™ microphones feature a frequency response out to 40kHz and excellent phase response that delivers the highest level of speech intelligibility and articulation.
The near-perfect polar response of the FlexMics provides incredible coverage and freedom of movement for the speaker. Whether speaking above, below or to either side of the microphone, every word will be reproduced with incredible clarity and intelligibility up to 90 degrees off-axis. This wider coverage also means that a single Earthworks microphones can be used to properly cover more than one speaker.
The FlexMic microphones feature a slim yet sturdy 7mm gooseneck that stays put when adjusted, while providing low profile sightlines. The gooseneck utilizes the latest in flex materials to virtually eliminate handling and movement noise.
A metal mesh windscreen coupled with layers of foam prevent the loud pop inducing bursts of stop consonants from reaching the microphone. For outdoor events, an additional foam windscreen accessory (FMW2) is available to help eliminate noise from high mph winds. Optional PMM1 permanent mount accessory available separately.
- Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
- Will handle up to 139dB SPL
- No handling noise
- High rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- RFI resistant
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Orators can speak above, below or to either side of the microphone and maintain the same pristine sound quality with high intelligibility
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)