Earthworks WL40V - High Definition Microphone Capsule for Wireless Systems
£624.16 ex. vat
The Earthworks WL40V is a microphone capsule best suited for live performance. Interchangeable with any screw-on-type handheld transmitters that receive a 31.3mm/pitch 1.0mm threading, the electret-based WL40V works with transmitters from Lectrosonics, Line 6, Shure and Sony.
Engineered to deliver studio quality performance to the wireless world, the hand-tuned WL40V features fast impulse response, wide frequency response and high SPL handling. It excels at distance capture, making it ideal for broadcast, corporate, and live performance applications.
Its near-perfect hypercardioid polar response and 20Hz-40kHz extended frequency response translate to a natural on and off-axis performance coupled with benchmark levels of sonic clarity and presence. The capsule’s ultra-fast impulse response delivers a highly accurate reproduction of the nuanced details of vocals.
The WL40V’s near-perfect hypercardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones. Singers can also maintain freedom of movement and still maintain pristine sound quality and plenty of gain.
- Frequency range spanning from 50Hz – 40kHz
- Hand-tuned and tested
- Interchangeable with any screw-on-type handheld transmitters that receive a 1.25″/28 thread pitch (31.3mm/pitch 1.0mm threading)
- Delivers detailed and realistic vocal sound that requires little to no EQ
- Natural on and off-axis performance
- Benchmark levels of clarity and detail
- Hardened against 500MHz and 2.4GHz
- More gain before feedback
- Excels at distance capture
- Frequency Response: 50Hz-40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 3mV/Pa (-50.5dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 3V @ 1.15mA to 12V @ 4.27mA using second & outer ring on 3-ring concentric connector
- Max Acoustic Input: 136dB SPL
- Output Impedance: 300Ω, unbalanced (center & outer ring)
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Threads: 1.25″/28 thread pitch (31.3mm/pitch 1mm threading)
- Dimensions L x D: 3.7 in. (93.98mm) 1.93 in. (49mm) max diameter & 1.46 in. (37mm) min. diameter
- Weight: .2 lbs (90g)