EM Acoustics EMS-101X - Compact Two-Way 10" Passive Reflex-Loaded Loudspeaker - Black
£1,475.00 ex. vat
EM Acoustics EMS-101X
The EM Acoustics EMS-101X is a compact and powerful two-way passive loudspeaker designed for a wide range of applications including small front-of-house to compact stage monitoring.
- True passive design – no corrective DSP required
- Rotatable 90° x 60° waveguide
- 35mm polemount
- Flexible rigging and mounting options
- Compatible with Omnimount™ and Powerdrive brackets
- Impact and weather resistant black, and textured white finishes as standard
- RAL colour & weather protection options
The EMS-101X is a two-way passive loudspeaker, using a 3” voice coil 10” (254mm) low frequency transducer. This low frequency drive unit is coupled via the internal passive crossover network to a 1.7” (44mm) diaphragm, 1” (25mm) exit neodymium high frequency transducer. This drive unit loads onto a rotatable 90° x 60° constant-coverage horn, which yields not only consistent response throughout its operating band across the whole coverage pattern but also strong attenuation outside of this pattern. The result is a loudspeaker with extremely consistent and predictable coverage, as well as stunning sonic detail – and all with the ease of use that passive crossover technology brings.
The drive units are housed within a compact, vented enclosure. The robust enclosure is constructed from premium 15mm (5/8”) multilaminate Birch plywood, and is heavily braced to minimise panel reflection. Five M8 threaded fixings are incorporated around the enclosure (two top, two bottom and one on the rear) for attachment of optional rigging hardware and safeties. Four M6 threaded fixings on the rear of the enclosure are compatible with OmniMount™ Series 30 and Powerdrive™ Series 75 bracket products. A 35mm polemount socket is provided discretely on the underside for stand mounting. The enclosure also includes a flush handle on the rear, and a pair of Neutrik® speakON™ NL4 connectors for input and enclosure link. Lastly, a tough hex-punched grille backed with acoustically transparent fabric protects the drive units from damage. The grille can be quickly removed for service purposes or to rotate the HF waveguide. The enclosure is finished in a rugged black or white textured polyurethane paint as standard, though RAL colour matching and weather-protected outdoor options are available.
The EMS-101X requires a single amplifier channel, and should be used with professional power amplifiers capable of delivering 800-1000W RMS into an 8-ohm load. For optimal results, the DQ Series Advanced System Amplifiers should be used.
- Enclosure Type: Two-way passive, reflex loaded
- 1 x 10″ (254mm) neodymium LF drive unit
- 1 x 1″ (25mm) exit neodymium HF drive unit
- Dimensions (HxWxD) mm/(ins): 510 (201.) x 289 (11.4) x 300 (11.8)
- Net/Shipping Weight: 15/16kg (33/35lbs)
- Frequency Response: 75Hz – 20kHz ± 3dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 90° x 60°, rotatable (-6dB points)
- Maximum SPL: 124dB continuous, 130dB peak
- Loudspeakers per amplifier: DQ6: 2 per channel, DQ10: 4 per channel, DQ20: 4 per channel
- Power Handling: 400W RMS, 800W program
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms