EM Acoustics EMS-41 - Ultra Compact 2-Way Passive Loudspeaker - Black
£385.00 ex. vat
EM Acoustics EMS-41
The EM Acoustics EMS-41 is an ultra-compact, passive two-way loudspeaker designed for a variety of nearfield and background applications, specifically where a discrete, compact solution is required, while still retaining high SPLs.
- True passive design – no corrective DSP required
- Ultra compact size
- Flexible rigging and mounting options
- Horizontal yoke included
- Black and white textured paint as standard
- RAL colour options
The EMS-41 is a two-way passive coaxial loudspeaker, using a 4” (102mm) low frequency transducer and coaxially mounted 0.85” (21.6mm) high frequency compression driver. The enclosure is an infinite baffle design designed to provide a much smoother LF rolloff and extended bass response than would be expected from an enclosure of this size.
The drive unit is housed within a compact, sealed enclosure constructed from premium 12mm (1/2”) and 18mm (3/4”) multi-laminate Birch plywood with curved, trapezoidal sides designed for a pleasing aesthetic suitable for many venue types. Three M8 threaded fixings are incorporated around the enclosure (one top, one bottom, and one on the rear) for attachment of rigging hardware and safeties. The enclosure includes a pair of Neutrik® speakON™ NL4 connectors for input and enclosure link, as well as a pair of colour-coded push terminals which will accept bare wire connections. A tough perforated steel grille protects the drive units from damage, and can be quickly removed for service purposes. The enclosure is finished in black or white textured paint as standard, however RAL colour matching options are also available.
The EMS-41 is ideal for theatrical spot effects, fill loudspeakers and delays, background sound, as well as for corporate and A/V use. Due to the discreet appearance, the EMS-41 can also find use in domestic A/V systems and studio monitoring. For ease of use, the EMS-41 is supplied with an adjustable horizontal mounting yoke, and further optional accessories are available for single-point mounting from the rear. The EMS-41 requires a single amplifier channel, and should be used with professional power amplifiers capable of delivering 150-250W RMS into a 12-ohm load. For optimal results, the DQ Series Advanced System Amplifiers should be used.
- Enclosure Type: Infinite baffle, coaxial
- Coaxial 4” (100mm) LF
- 0.85” (21.5mm) exit HF
- Dimensions (HxWxD), mm/ins: 150 (5.9) x 120 (4.7) x 130 (5.1)
- Net/Shipping Weight: 1.6kg (3.5lbs)
- Frequency Response: 100Hz – 18kHz ± 3dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 80° conical (-6dB points)
- Maximum SPL: 110dB continuous, 116dB peak
- Loudspeakers per amplifier: DQ6: 6 per channel, DQ10: 6 per channel, DQ20: 6 per channel
- Power Handling: 125W RMS, 250W peak
- Nominal Impedance: 12 ohms
- Connectors: 2 x Neutrik® speakON™, 4-pole Phoenix