EM Acoustics R10 - 3-Way Passive Loudspeaker - Black
£4,100.00 ex. vat
EM Acoustics R10
The EM Acoustics R10 is a precision, full-range, 3-way passive loudspeaker designed to be a no-compromise option for all point-source applications.
- Unique crossover approach combined with FIR for unrivalled impulse response
- Interchangeable wide (110 x 50) and narrow (80 x 50) rotatable waveguides
- 2 x 10″ neodymium LF, coaxial 4″/2.5″ MF/HF drive units
- Flexible rigging and mounting options
- Impact and weather resistant black, and textured white finishes as standard
- RAL colour and outdoor use options
The R10 is the first – and flagship – loudspeaker in the Reference Series. Suited to any performance environment requiring ultra-high quality sound reinforcement in a versatile, low profile package, the R10 is a 3-way passive system that is as at home on a theatre proscenium as it is in a live music or corporate sound reinforcement setting.
The slim, discreet enclosure contains a pair of state-of-the-art 3” (76mm) voice coil 10” (254mm) neodymium LF drivers, and a 4-inch (100mm)/2.5-inch (64mm) coaxial MF/HF compression drive unit. This coaxial compression drive unit feeds one of two alternate waveguides, which have been the subject of the most extensive R&D project ever undertaken by EM Acoustics. The expressions of this research are two waveguides with not only an incredibly natural tonal character, but unparalleled consistency of response both on and off-axis.
The R10 is unique in that it is supplied as standard with both waveguide options; a wide dispersion 110° x 50° for shorter throw applications and a narrower dispersion 80° x 50° option for controlled coverage over longer distances. Minutes of physical work and a simple change of preset in the DQ Series amplifier and the R10 can transform from a wide dispersion to a narrow and vice versa – offering excellent flexibility for rental users and installation customers alike. Which waveguide is installed – and crucially which orientation that waveguide is in – is easily identifiable without removing the front grille.
An entirely unique approach to crossover design marries the components together. The highly advanced crossover, in conjunction with the FIR processing functions of the DQ Series advanced system amplifiers, allows each drive unit to be used to the optimum extent. The combination of drive units, bespoke waveguide design and FIR processing yields flat frequency and phase responses and a consistency of sonic character across demand which is unrivalled by any loudspeaker in this class.
The elegant and compact enclosure draws its bracing technology from the HALO series, providing a tough and incredibly rigid yet lightweight package. Assembled from multi-laminate Birch plywood, the enclosure is coated with an impact and weather-resistant polyurethane finish which will enable the R10 to stand up to the most adverse conditions. A white textured paint version of the enclosure is available, as are custom RAL colour matching options and permanent outdoor enhancements.
The front grille is manufactured from stainless steel for enhanced lifespan and this is backed by an acoustically transparent fabric to complete the discreet appearance. Intelligent handle placement combined with multiple threaded rigging points and a quick-release keyhole flying plate system ensure the R10 is easy and simple to handle and install both permanently and whilst on the road.
The architecture and construction of the R10 combined with EM Acoustics’ state-of-the-art FIR processing liberates each component to achieve levels of sonic performance never yet attained by a loudspeaker of this size and form factor.
- Enclosure Type: Three-way passive point source
- 2 x 10″ (254mm) neodymium LF drive unit
- 1 x 4″/2.5″ (100mm/64mm) neodymium coaxial compression drive unit
- Dimensions (HxWxD), mm/(ins): 700 (27.6) x 306 (12) x 430 (16.9)
- Net/Shipping Weight: 31/36kg (68.2/79.2lbs)
- Frequency Response: 60Hz – 20kHz ± 3dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 110° x 50° and 80° x 50°, rotatable (-6dB points)
- Maximum SPL: 130dB continuous, 136dB peak
- Loudspeakers per amplifier: DQ6*: 1 per channel, DQ10: 1 per channel, DQ20: 2 per channel
- Power Handling: 1000W RMS, 2000W program
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms