SoundToys PanMan 5 - Stereo Width Plug-In
£91.65 ex. vat
Please contact us if you are unsure of what to order.
SoundToys PanMan 5
The SoundToys PanMan 5 is a stereo width plug-in for rhythmic auto-panning with cool classic features, new tricks, and analog color. Panning. You wouldn’t be alone if you thought of it as nothing more than the simple act of moving sounds from left to right and back again. But it can be so much more. PanMan opens up a Pandora’s Box of panoramic possibilities. Recreate the sounds of classic hardware panning boxes. Trigger panning with the dynamics of a track. Create complex rhythmic patterns and dizzying sweeps. With the full range of Soundtoys modulation tricks at your disposal, PanMan turns the simple act of panning into something incredibly creative and powerful.
PanMan incorporates features inspired by classic auto-panners. There are classic auto-panners? Yep! And SoundToys tracked down these obscure boxes, like the Spanner and PanScan, to study what makes them tick. One thing SoundToys had to run with comes from the PanScan: the trigger divider. This quirky feature lets you set the number of trigger events it takes to move to a new pan position. For example, you can set it to scan from the left to right in three triggers. Trigger the panning by clicking with your mouse, automate the trigger with your host, or even set a threshold to have it respond to incoming audio. You can even filter the audio going to the trigger so it responds to just low, or high, frequency events. And SoundToys didn’t stop there: they’ve added 7 different analog modes that add saturation and real analog vibe when you push PanMan hard.
SoundToys PanMan 5 Features
- Create custom auto panning effects, locked perfectly to your song’s tempo
- Choose from 6 different panning modes including LFO, step and random
- Recreates the clever “trigger divider” feature from the vintage PanScan hardware
- Design your own rhythmic patterns and panning waveshapes
- Set the threshold to let your music’s dynamics control speed, offset and width
- Add vintage tone with 7 different analog emulation algorithms