Zoom F6 - Multi-Track Field Recorder
£471.67 ex. vat
The Zoom F6 is a professional multi-track field recorder that features both 32-bit float recording and dual A/D converters, providing an unprecedented amount of dynamic range. With 6 inputs, Zoom’s solid time code, multiple power options and wireless control, the F6 is poised to be your new secret weapon. In the field, fluctuating dynamics can prove challenging. Loud sounds can cause clipping and quiet sounds can get lost in the noise. The F6 uses 32-bit float recording with dual A/D converters to capture both explosive and subtle sounds at full audio quality – without ever adjusting gain!
Rugged enough to withstand the most demanding scenarios and small enough to fit into the tightest spaces, the F6 will become your go-to recorder. The F6 is equipped with six professional-grade preamps. Featuring a super-low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN), high gain (up to 75 dB), and selectable mic/line levels for each input, the F6 is built for location sound.
Keep your tracks perfectly synced even when you power down for lunch. On or off, the F6’s Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy. When recording in 24-bit, the F6 uses advanced look-ahead hybrid limiters to provide overload protection. By adding a 1-millisecond delay, the limiters “look ahead” anticipating clipping before it’s recorded.
Zoom AutoMix™ lets you keep your eyes on the action by automatically adjusting the levels of your mix to reduce ambient sound. The F6 can record in 24-bit and 32-bit float up to 192 kHz, or both simultaneously at up to 96 kHz. Cataloging files with the F6 is quick and easy. Enter track name, scene names, notes, and more in both BWF and iXML.
Zoom F6 Features
- 6-channel/14-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 6 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR connectors
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix™ software
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and when powered off) I/O on 3.5mm stereo mini; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 4x AA batteries, Sony L-Series batteries, or Zoom AD-17 12V AC Adapter (L-Series batteries not included)
- 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with volume control SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 512 GB
- Use as an 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (up to 96kHz)
- Use as an audio interface and record to SD card simultaneously (up to 48kHz)
- Free Zoom F Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry