AEA R44CX Hand-Crafted, Museum Quality, 44 Reproduction Ribbon Microphone Inc.
£3,599.00 ex. vat
The AEA R44CX is the High-output version of the R44C ribbon microphone with a one-piece cushion mount, a formed steel yoke with satin nickel finish. This microphone is perfect for many applications like brass, jazz vocals classic rock and much more. With use of the 44 ribbon designed by RCA this mic produces rich sound and character to your records. With it beautiful RCA 44BX design and great tonal qualities this microphone is perfect for any professional studio or live set.
- Same ribbon, transformer, and luscious sound as the R44C
- Simple and elegant exterior trim in black and silver
- Legendary character with more than 80 years of studio history
- Full and rich sound; smooth highs and warm lows
- ‘X’ motor option delivers 6 dB more dynamic range
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165 + dB SPL above 1 kHz for 1% third harmonic
- Output Sensitivity: 2.25 mV / Pa into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load: 1.2 kΩ or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 meter captive cable
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 µ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminium
- Ribbon Width: 4.7 mm
- Ribbon Length: 59.7 mm