AMS Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module - Mic Pre, EQ, HF
£2,099.00 ex. vat
AMS Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module
The Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module is a Class A, transformer based mic preamp and 3 band EQ, with one fixed high frequency band, two switchable bands with cut and boost capability, and a high pass filter. The 1073 Classic module is designed to perfectly retrofit into the 80 Series Neve Classic consoles as part of a channel strip or can be mounted in a custom rack.
Handcrafted and completely hand-wired by Neve’s dedicated professionals in Burnley, England, the modern-day Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module is produced to the exact specifications of the original modules. Considerable resources have been devoted to the acquisition of the original components to ensure the sound remains true.
Launched in 1970, the 1073 is the first choice of leading producers and artists, delivering the unique Neve sound on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years. The big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical.
The Neve 1073 mic pre and EQ combination adds warmth and depth to recordings, brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and more effectively captures a precise image. That’s why the 1073 mic preamp is considered by many to be the very essence of the Neve sound.
*Pictured racks and multiple units are not included. This item is for 1 Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module. Neve 1073 Classic as horizontal.
AMS Neve 1073 Classic Mono Module Features
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- 3 EQ bands
- Hand-built and hand-wired to original 1970s design
- HP filter
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +20dB in 5dB steps.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600Ω.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth) into 600Ω.
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz. EQ Out.
Mic Amplifier Section:
- Microphone Input: Input impedance 300 Ohms or 1200 Ohms, gain +80dB to +20dB in 5dB steps.Input is transformer balanced and earth free.
- Line Input: Input impedance 10K Ohms bridging, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.Input is transformer balanced and earth free.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600 Ohms. Output impedance is 75 Ohms @ 1kHzOutput is transformer balanced and earth free.
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth) into 600 Ohms
- Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz, EQ out.Noise: Not more than -83dBu at all Line gain settings, EQ In/Out (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)
- EIN: Better than -125dBu @ 60dB gain.
- High Frequency: Smooth +/- 16dB fixed frequency shelving at 12kHz
- Mid Frequency: Smooth +/- 18dB peaking, fixed 'Q' with selectable centre frequencies of 0.36kHz, 0.7kHz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz
- Low Frequency: Smooth +/- 16dB shelving with selectable frequencies of 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz
- High Pass Filter: 18dB per octave slope, switchable between 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz
- EQL Button: Switches the equaliser in or out of circuit.
- Phase Button: Gives 180 degree phase change at balanced output
- Width: 45mm (1.8 inches)
- Height: 222mm (8.75 inches)
- Depth: 254mm (10 inches)
- Approx. Weight: 2.5kg (5.5 pounds)