Avantone CLA-10A - Active NS-10 styled Monitors (Pair)
£915.83 ex. vat
Avantone CLA-10A - Pair
The Avantone CLA-10A is a studio monitor designed with the famouse Yamaha NS10s in mind. These studio speakers feature an all new “VTPC” knob or “Variable Tissue Paper Control.” This VTPC allows you to simulate any thing from the Vertical “m” model to the horizontal “Studio” model and everything in between. This tone control allows each user to choose the best tweeter brightness that serves their individual needs. The CLA-10A's feature the AV10MHF and AV10MLF drivers from the CLA-10 as well as cabinet construction. The CLA-10A's also feature a beefy Class A/B power amp section.
While this has proven to work well in recent years, we are still traditionalists. With the success of the CLA-10 and CLA-200 amplifier combination, we decided to stay with what engineers all over the world have come to expect from this combination. The CLA-10 Active uses a linear power supply and 200 watts of Class AB output. Yes, it requires a heatsink. Yes, it weighs more. Yes, it sounds awesome.
We use a monolithic integrated circuit Class AB amplifier with wide voltage range and high current output capability. Operating in Parallel Mode with two devices ganged together to deliver higher output power into low impedance loads, allowing better thermal performance at high power. At low power, THD is a phenomenal 0.005%; at rated load it is 0.1%, yielding excellent performance at power compared to class D amps. The circuit uses a mixed bipolar MOS high voltage technology called BCDII 100/120 which avoids secondary breakdown phenomena. This technology handles high current output without unwieldy circuit complexity and external components. This makes it possible to deliver very high power in a reasonable package with the clean, smooth sound of a linear amplifier.
The system is being run at +/-40 VDC, yielding a rock solid 200WRMS at 1kHz into 8 ohms. Rather than use a switch mode power supply with the associated noise, we decided to stay traditional with a linear power supply. The power supply uses a massive old school toroidal transformer for the classic performance of an AB amplifier. Many companies use SMPS and Class D for this type of system. We made the decision to stay with classic technology in order to maintain the legacy sound that everybody associates with this design.
- System Type: Active Full-Range Two-Way Stereo Pair
- System Frequency Response: 60Hz-20,000Hz (Accessible Musical Range)
- Components: Low Frequency: AV10-MLF 18Cm Cone, High Frequency: AV10-MHF 3.5Cm Soft Dome
- Cabinet: 10.4 Liter Sealed Design, 18mm MDF With Real Wood Veneer
- Cabinet Dimensions: 381.5mm X 215mm X197.5mm (15”X 8 ½”X 7- ¾ ”)
- Weight: 8.2Kg / 18 Lbs (Each)
- Shipping Weight: 18.5 Kg / 40.5 Lbs
- SPL: 104dB
- Peak Musical Output: 110dB (Music Program Material)
- Amplifier: 200W Class Ab Linear Supply
- THD: 0.05% At 1Khz, 1W
- Balanced Inputs: Combination XLR & Phone Jack
- Unbalanced Input: RCA Phono Jack
- Volume: +0dB, -120dB
- VTPC: Variable Tissue Paper Control Fc 1.8Khz +6dB, -30dB.
- Power: On/off Switch
- Ground Lift Switch: Yes
- Power: 115Vac/230Vac Selectable
- Power Consumption: StandBy: 3W, Full Output: 250W