Chandler Redd Microphone - Valve Microphone with built-in REDD Mic Preamp
£4,165.83 ex. vat
Chandler Redd Microphone
The Chandler Redd Microphone is a high end tube condenser microphone designed by Wade Goeke the founder and chief designer of Chandler Limited. The Chandler Redd brings together the classic circuitry from the past and combines it with the heralded EMI REDD.47 preamplifier giving you a tone like no other. Visually, the aesthetic is unmistakably classic, an ode to a gilded age of audio; however, the REDD Microphone is not a U-Type clone or derivative of any other microphone.
The Chandler Limited REDD Microphone is a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone, combining mic and preamp into a single, beautifully handcrafted professional recording device.This new and unique microphone design, fusing the mic capsule to the historic REDD.47 line amplifier circuit, provides the shortest possible distance between the two most important elements in the recording chain.
The proximity of the REDD Microphone’s custom capsule to the internal tube mic preamp, allows it to deliver a larger than life full-bodied sound, with a velvety smooth top-end. Rigorously tested at Abbey Road Studios on a variety of sources and against some of the most famous and classic microphones in recording industry history, the REDD microphone excelled.
Features available from the microphone body, include: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, providing nine gain selections, from +4 to +33db in the ‘NORM’ position, extended gain and punch in ‘DRIVE’ mode for more tonal and coloration possibilities, switchable Cardioid/Omni patterns, 10db Pad, and Phase reverse. Continuous output and low-contour control are accessible from the high-quality external power supply. Shockmount, 25’ Mogami microphone cable, PSU, and custom molded flight case, featuring high-density rigid foam, are included.
- Microphone Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser, Tube
- Capsule: Platinum membrane, custom handmade, hand-milled
- Circuit: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, Tube, 200Ω output impedance
- Gain: Switchable / +4 to +33db in 'NORM' mode
- Maximum gain: Extended gain in 'DRIVE' mode
- Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
- PAD: 10db / Switchable
- Phase: 0-180º / Switchable
- Low-Contour Control: Available at PSU
- Output Control: Continuous / Available at PSU
- Power: External/PSU included
- Microphone Cable: 7 Pin, 25' Mogami, included
- Shockmount: Included
- Case: Molded flight case / custom cut high-density rigid foam, included