Chandler TG Microphone - Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone
£1,540.83 ex. vat
Chandler TG Microphone
The Chandler TG Microphone is a solid-state large diaphragm FET Condenser microphone that is unique in its feature-set, it isn’t a clone of any other microphone, and as the name implies, the sound is TG. The TG Microphone’s unique on-board EMI ‘Tape Equalizer’ section combined with its ‘Dual Tone System’, dedicated PSU and other features create an extremely flexible microphone capable of rivaling scenarios where the FET47, C414 and U47 traditionally have found favor.
The Tape Equalizer is adapted from the NAB/IEC tape equalizer facility found on vintage EMI TG12410 transfer consoles or mastering consoles, and applied with great effect in the TG Microphone. Historically used to compensate for tapes played back on machines of the opposite standard, the repurposed tape equalizer allows the engineer to shape the sound at the source and mitigates the need for injecting equipment downstream.
- Microphone Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Transducer Type: Gold membrane, custom spec.
- Circuit Type: TG, Solid-state
- Dual Tone System: A/B voicing
- Tape Equalizer: TG, 5 settings
- Low-Cut Filter: Switchable— Out, 90 Hz/50 Hz
- Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
- PAD: 10 dB / Switchable
- Impedance: 200Ω
- Power: External, PSU included
- Mic Cable: 4 Pin, 25' Mogami, included
- Shockmount: Included
- Case: Wooden, Included