DPA - d:facto Softboost Supercardioid Vocal Mic Capsule
£510.00 ex. vat
The DPA MMC4018V is a modular microphone capsule is part of the flexible DPA d:facto vocal microphone series. Equally at home in sound reinforcement and recording applications, the DPA d:facto is a high quality stage vocal microphone with extraordinary natural sound, high separation from nearby sound sources and extreme sound level handling.
Its supercardioid pattern and superb definition gives high separation and true sound color on stage, equally suitable for PA amplification and recording. The MMC4018V provides improved audio performance, as it is superbly linear in frequency and phase, both on- and off-axis, while its impressive definition and accuracy reproduces a singer’s voice effortlessly.
Our recommendation for stage applications with the d:facto II is using the MMC4018V capsule. This capsule offers an applicable opening angle around the center axis comparable to a cardioid. This means that a pleasant tolerance around the center axis is obtained for the singer. Concurrently, the rear rejection is as higher than other supercardioids. The rear lobe opening normally seen on supercardioids at 180° angle is extremely uniform and controlled on the MMC4018V.
DPA MMC4018V Specifications
- Directional pattern: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, at 12 cm (4.7 in): 20 Hz - 16 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, ± 2 dB at 1 kHz: 5 mV/Pa; -46 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 19 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 21 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 26 dB
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 75 dB(A)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: Up to 157 dB depending on pre-amp choice
- Color: Matte black
- Weight: 18 g (0.6 oz)
- Diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule size: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Length: 23 mm (0.9 in)
- Temperature range: 40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%