Neumann KH 80 DSP monitor loudspeaker - Pair
£678.00 ex. vat
Neumann KH 80 DSP - Pair
The Neumann KH 80 DSP enables filtering functions and room adjustment options, which brings reference level reproduction to any environment. Even with its compact design, it has extraordinary reserve capacity - as well as the classic strengths of the Neumann monitor philosophy: clearly defined dispersion angle, distortion-free design and sophisticated material selection.
The perfect sound of higher mathematics at work
The Neumann developers know every nuance, every angle and every wave reflection of the KH 80 DSP. It sounds so pure because they are directing every sound wave so precisely. The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with a level of accuracy that no one other than Neumann does. The Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides the studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that remains unique. Maths has never sounded so good.
Neumann even includes the biggest unknown factor in our calculations: Your room
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, a corner at work or just a brick building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, without acoustic-physical “accidents”, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. An easy adjustment to the monitor position (free standing, small/medium/large desk) is possible via the rear "Acoustical Control" switch.
The optional, freely available Neumann.Control iPad® app goes several steps further. It adapts the KH 80 DSP to the individual room situation, delivering quality way above the price-tag. And the best part: the patented "Guided Alignment" means that you don't have to be an expert to adapt the system to your environment.
- -6 dB free field frequency response: 53 Hz … 22 kHz, ± 6 dB
- -3 dB free field frequency response: 57 Hz … 21 kHz, ± 3 dB
- Pass band free field frequency response: 59 Hz … 20 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB for 0 dBu): < 20 dB(A) bei 10 cm
- Max. SPL in full space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 102,8 / 108,8 dB SPL
- Input: XLR, analog electronically balanced
- Controller design: Digital, active
- Crossover frequency, slopes: 1.8 kHz, 48 dB/oct, 8th order
- Bass amplifier, cont.(peak) output power*: 150 W (130 W)
- Treble amplifier, cont.(peak) output power: 55 W (70 W)
- Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz, with standby
- Drivers: 100 mm (4"), 25 mm (1"), with integrated black metal grilles
- Mounting points: 2 x M6 threaded inserts with 70 mm spacing on back panel
- Product dimensions (height x width x depth), mm (inches): 233 x 154 x 194 mm (9 1/8" x 6" x 8 5/8")
- Product weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs 11 oz)