Neumann M49V Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (B-Stock)
£5,350.00 ex. vat
Neumann M49V Set (Ex-Demo)
The M 49 was the first studio microphone with a continuously variable directional pattern. It used the same large diaphragm capsule as the U 47 and ranks among the most sought-after tube microphones of all time. In 2022 it was reissued by Neumann as the M 49 V Set.
This is a B-Stock mic that has been demoed and on display in our showroom. It is in excellent condition, has a full warranty and all the original packaging.
Yes, all the rumours are true: Neumann reissues the M 49, one of those iconic microphones that changed the landscape of recording in the 1950 and 1960s and set the reference sound for blues, jazz, pop, and classical music. When you hear masterpieces from legends like Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, or Barbra Streisand, or today´s top talents like Adele, you hear an M 49 at work. Sound engineers and artists alike keep vintage versions of the M 49 like treasures for a reason. And whoever is lucky enough to still have a historic version could easily sell it for a five-figure sum.
For years and years, Neumann's most experienced microphone experts trialled and tested until they came up with a product that even the most respected producers and sound engineers considered to be acoustically identical to the historic version, even in direct AB comparison.
The M 49 V production involves a meticulous assembly process by hand, while the availability of key parts like the triode tube is limited. For this reason, the Neumann team can build a very limited number of pieces per month.
Neumann M49V Features:
- Reissue of the legendary M 49 with detail improvements
- Superb vocal microphone for male and female voices
- Versatile microphone for all types of instruments
- Classic tube circuit with output transformer
- Continuously variable polar pattern, remote controlled
- Made to original specifications using archived documentation
- The new pattern control unit automatically adapts to mains voltage
- Handmade and hand soldered in Germany
- Handmade vintage case manufactured in Germany