Phoenix Audio DRSQ4 MKII Dual MicPre EQ & Neumann KM184 Stereo Microphone Set Bundle
£1,995.00 ex. vat
Phoenix DRSQ4 MKII & Neumann KM184
This bundle consists of the Phoenix audio DRS-Q4 MKII and the Neumann KM184. The Neumann KM 184 Stereo Set contains a pair of Nickel finish KM 184 small diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones, two stand mounts, two WNS 100 windscreens and a protective wooden box. Combined with the Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MKII your recording will produce outstanding sounding audio.
The Neumann KM 184 microphone is the successor of the well proven KM 84, which has been used since the seventies worldwide with great success. The slender shape and transmission characteristics described below make the Neumann KM184 especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector. It is extremely quiet (16dB A-weighted self-noise), making it excellent for capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic guitar and orchestral perf ormances .
Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the Neumann KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances. Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 21 dB mainly through the reduction of self- noise level to only 25 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138 dB. The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders. The output of the KM 184, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4 MKII is a professional Microphone Preamp and DI with -30dB input pad, High Pass Filter and Class A inputs built into a 1U sized unit so you can easily integrate this outboard gear into your studio. This Preamp allows a vast variety of sounds, useful for everything from clean high-headroom mix buss tone shaping to deep frequency carving to smooth Class-A circuit saturation.
The Phoenix DRS Mic Preamp/DIs take a modern approach to Class-A circuit design that delivers a wide range of tones without sacrificing the beloved vibe of true Class-A design. The unique DRS circuit can go from ultra-clean sounds suitable for audiophile recordings all the way to the warm, saturated tones reminiscent of the UK's most heralded vintage designs. Versatility and superior sound have made the DRS Preamp/DI a top-tier choice for engineers around the world and a modern day classic.
Hi-Fi Transformerless Mic Input Stage
Phoenix Audio’s exclusive electronically-balanced, transformerless mic input circuit delivers fast transients and the full frequency spectrum (from sub-bass to the highest air band), while still delivering the full, warm and smooth characteristics that make engineers love Class-A mic preamps. Boldly outperforming transformer-based designs in both the frequency response and slew rate, the DRS delivers articulate, punchy and full-bodied input signals, allowing you to drive the output stage for a vast range of pure Class-A tones—from bold clarity to vintage warmth, and everything in-between.
Neumann KM 184 Stereo Set
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Frequency range Hz: 20 - 20,000
- Sensitivity mV/Pa: 12 (-36.2dBu=+38.4dBv)
- Rated impedance Ohms: 50
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: DIN 45 405 CCIR 468-3 dB: 25, DIN/IEC 651 dB-A: 16
- S/N ratio re 1 Pa at 1 kHz: CCIR dB: 69 (S/N=94dB - equiv. noise), A-weighted dB-A : 8
- Max. SPL for less than 0.5% THD without pre-attenuation dB: 38
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier dB: 122
- Power consumption mA: 2
- Weight g: 80
- Dimensions: Diameter mm: 22, Length mm 107
- 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB,
- Maximum Output Level: +26dBu @ 1kHz
- Noise: -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Output connections: XLR and TSR 1/4″ Jack on rear
- Microphone/Line input: XLR on Rear Panel
- DI inputs: ¼” TS Jack on Front Panel
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button Switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4″ Jack on front panel (no FETs)
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. (Green = 0dB, Yellow = +8dB, corresponding to “4” and “6” on a PPM Meter).
- Phantom Power: Switchable phantom on Push-button Switch
- High Pass Filter: Roll-off starts at 120Hz @ 12dB per Octave.
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, – 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +26dB on Mic-Pre stage
- Gyratory-based EQ Frequency Centres: (4 Bands) High – 15K, 10K, Hi Mid – 6K, 3K, 1K6, Low Mid – 800Hz, 400Hz, 200Hz, Low – 130Hz, 80Hz, 40Hz
- EQ Cut/Boost Levels: 16dB Cut/Boost Per Band with fully detented pots in 21 positions
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 30dB