RME Micstasy 8 channel Full Range Preamp & AD converter
£2,907.50 ex. vat
The RME Micstasy is an 8-Channel hi-end mic/line preamp and AD-converter combining typical RME features with a number of previously unseen features. It can be used analogue (Mic/Line In to Line Out) and digital (Mic/Line In to Digital Out), with both signal paths operating simultaneously. The Micstasy is also fully remote-controllable via MIDI (also MIDI over MADI).
The Micstasy's innovative concept allows for amplification and digitization of ALL analogue signal sources. Be it high-level stage signals, typical studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones: Micstasy understands them all - in a way that is simply thrilling.
The signals amplified by the Micstasy are available at the analogue outputs for passing them on, making an expensive splitter box on stage obsolete. All functions can be remote controlled via MIDI and MIDI over MADI, allowing the device to be placed near the microphones, ensuring highest sound quality. Adding the optional MADI Card results in even more options. The I64 MADI Card provides serial pass-through capability from one Micstasy to the next (up to 8). All up to 64 audio signals are then available at the last device on one single line. Such a way of cascading is also possible between Micstasy and ADI-8 QS.
RME Micstasy features
- 8 balanced XLR mic/line inputs with 85 dB gain range
- Analogue input level from -56.5 dBu up to +30 dBu
- High-end circuitry with 4 relays per channel, super low-noise microphone front-end
- Near click-free gain changes in steps of 0.5 dB
- Large frequency range (200 kHz) with special EMI input filtering
- 8 balanced TRS line / instrument inputs with Hi-Z option
- 8 balanced XLR line outputs, maximum level +27 dBu
- 4 x AES/EBU Out via D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT Out, 8 channels @ 96 kHz (SMUX and SMUX4)
- Optional MADI I/O (I64 MADI Card) with serial cascading and digital return path
- Symmetrical hi-pass (Lo Cut) with super-low THD, 18 dB/oct
- LED level meter with 13 LEDs per channel
- M/S de-/encoding for the digital output
- AutoSet: Automatic gain reduction with multiple linking
- Current state can be stored to 8 user presets
- Fully remote controllable