Royer R-10 - Ribbon Microphone
£412.46 ex. vat
The Royer R-10 is a pro ribbon microphone that's been designed for use in the studio and on live stages. Hand-built by royer in the Burbank California factory, the R-10’s sound and performance are all-Royer and it handles SPLs of up to 160 dB @ 1 kHz. The R-10’s compact size and mounting system allows for flexible, unobtrusive positioning.
The R-10 utilizes a David Royer custom designed transformer for high overload threshold, minimizing saturation at even extremely high sound pressure levels. You’ll never overload an R-10! The mic’s open grill design minimizes standing waves and associated comb-filtering effects and its smooth frequency response, phase linearity and lack of self-distortion make it ideal for all digital recording and live sound formats.
R-10 recordings of violins, ukuleles, steel-stringed and nylon-stringed acoustic guitars, banjos and other stringed instruments are warmth and natural and fit into mixes easily. “Airing out” the recorded track by opening up a bit of 12K with an EQ often gives surprisingly good results.
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium (Grade 52)
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-15,000Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -54dBv (re. 1v/pa)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 135dB @ 50 Hz, 160dB @ 1kHz
- Recommended Load Impedance: 700 Ohms (or greater)
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Dimensions: Length including mounting base: 5 7/8 inches (149 mm) Width 1 3/8 inches (35 mm)
- Weight: 13 oz (368 grams)
- Shipping Weight: Single: 2.5 lbs, Matched Pair: 4 lbs
- Accessories: Microphone Holder, Mic Sock, Carrying Case
- Microphone: Adjustable Swivel Mount (Black)
- Microphone Warranty: Five Year, First Re-ribbon free in first year