SansAmp BASS DRIVER DI Version 2 - Pre-Amp and DI Tailored for Bass
£157.50 ex. vat
SansAmp BASS DRIVER DI Version 2
Much more than just a direct box, the SansAmp Bass Driver DI v2 is capable of dialing up big vintage tube tones, bright modern slap sounds, gnarly distortions, and all in between.
Three different outputs to drive power amps, recording desks, PA mixers, or simply enhance your current rig. Controls include Presence for definition and upper harmonic content; Blend to combine the proportion of direct signal and SansAmp circuitry; and active EQ specifically tuned for bass with 12dB of cut or boost.
With the popularity of 5- and 6-string basses going beyond fad status and becoming mainstream, we added a switch to adjust the bass frequency to extend into those lower registers. A mid-range control and a switch to adjust its frequency have been added. The core of the SansAmp Bass Driver and all of its tones remain true to its original design.
The controls offer a broad range of traditional bass amp sounds, including such meaty styles as Bassman and SVT, as well as raunchy, crunchy overdriven sounds that would typically require a multitude of effects units.
- PRESENCE: controls the amount of definition and upper harmonic content.
- DRIVE: adjusts the overall gain structure and overdrive.
- LEVEL: regulates the XLR and effected 1/4" output levels.
- BLEND: allows you to mix the direct bass signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry (which is particularly useful for basses equipped with piezo pickups).
- BASS & TREBLE: are active EQ controls, specifically tuned for bass guitar, that cut or boost +/- 12dB.
For studio and live applications, SansAmp Bass Driver DI is engineered with three outputs: an effected XLR, and effected 1/4", and a parallel, uneffected 1/4". The footswitch activates the Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry. Disengaging the circuitry enables you to use SansAmp Bass Driver DI as a standard active transparent direct box.
- Actual size: 4.75" x 3.75" x 2.0"
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Phantom power operable, or uses optional DC power supply, Tech 21 Model #DC4-A, or 9V alkaline battery (not included).