Schoeps V4 U studio microphone
£1,550.00 ex. vat
Schoeps V4 U Studio Vocal Microphone
The Schoeps V4 U is a studio vocal microphone with a new small-diaphragm capsule architecture, with beveled collar for controlling the polar response. If has a warm, clear sonic character with smoothly rolled-off diffuse-field response. The design of the V4 U includes a capsule head with adjustable tilt angle.
The V4 U unites the outstanding technical characteristics typical of SCHOEPS with a timeless, classic design. The look of the V4 U is based on the Schoeps CM 51/3 from 1951. But the V4 U is a thoroughly modern studio microphone. Its capsule, circuitry and mechanical construction are the result of extensive new development.
- A 33-mm beveled collar causes the capsule’s directivity to increase steadily and smoothly at high frequencies, as in a large diaphragm microphone.
- Meanwhile, the superior acoustic qualities of a small-diaphragm capsule like the extraordinarily smooth frequency and polar response are maintained.
- The capsule is elastically suspended internally to reduce solid-borne sound such as handling noise.
- Newly-developed bridge-type balanced output circuit.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 144 dB SPL, corresponding to an output level of 4.8 V.
- Output stage transformerless and free of coupling capacitors.
- The resulting output impedance is low and constant with frequency, while the symmetry is very high.
- Symmetrical, balanced output, the entire audio circuit is symmetrical from the output of the FET onward.
- High immunity to interference, with gapless shielding and a modern RFI filter at the output; very good electromagnetic compatibility.
Schoeps V4 U Specifications
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 50 Hz - 22 kHz
- Sensitivity: 16 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level (A-weighted): 15 dB-A
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR): 25 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio (A-weighted): 79 dB-A
- Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD: 144 dB-SPL
- Maximum output voltage: 4.8 V
- Low-cut frequency: 40 Hz
- Powering voltage: 48 V
- Current consumption: 3.3 mA
- Length: 194 mm
- Weight: 302 g
- Diameter (cylinder): 34 mm
- Width of the capsule head: 45 mm
- Head swivel degree span: +/- 20 °