Sennheiser AMBEO VR Mic - 3D Virtual Reality Microphone
£912.50 ex. vat
AMBEO VR Mic
The Ambeo VR Mic is the new standard in 3D audio, this microphone allows you to record fully immersive sound providing your listener with a whole new experience. Split into four XLR outs the four independent microphone capsules capture audio across the full human hearing range (20Hz - 20kHz) and feature a Max SPL of 130 dB so this outstanding mic can withstand more than enough pressure to create the perfect immersive environment for human consumption. Weighing just over 1 kg and built using the highest quality components this microphone is perfect for location use, enabling you to capture your surrounds whether it be a concert or in an empty field with crystal clear and accurate audio representation.
Wasn’t it time VR audio became an equal partner to VR video? Enter the Sennheiser AMBEO VR Mic: The new standard in 3D audio capture from Sennheiser lifting VR audio production to a new professional level. With the AMBEO VR Mic you are able to seamlessly record sound that immerses the listener bringing them a whole new and highly emotional experience.
The elegantly designed AMBEO VR Mic has been developed in cooperation with VR content producers and fine-tuned through an extensive creators’ program with participants from across the audio and VR communities. The mic caters exactly to the needs of VR content creators, letting you capture the experience and spirit of any location enabling the listener to be immersed as if they were there.
- Single-point microphone for Virtual Reality content
- Four matched capsules in a tetrahedral cluster
- Captures spherical, fully spatial audio in Ambisonics format
- Well suited to work with 360/VR video capture
- Portable and rugged to perform in various recording conditions
- A to B format encoder included: VST and AAX (for Mac and Windows). Stand-alone later.
What's in the box:
- AMBEO VR MIC
- Rycote INV 7 Suspension mount
- Split cable 4XLR
- Wind shield
- Available as download from Sennheiser homepage
- A-B format Converter (for use in post-production)
- With the VR Mic comes free access to A-B format converter
- The converter will come as a VST plugin for mostly used DAWs to offer best integration into existing VR creation workflows.
- The plugin can correct the microphone’s physical positioning and rotate its direction
- Different output standards (including YouTube 360 video) can be chosen
- A to B format encoder included: VST, AAX, AU and stand-alone versions (for Mac and Windows)
- Dimensions: 215 x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level: 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle: Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight: 1.060 kg
- Microphone connector: DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern: 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up [FLU], 2: front-right-down [FRD], 3: back-left-down [BLD], 4: back-right-up [BRU])
- Nominal impedance: Approx. 200 Ω
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ω
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply: 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity: Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference: Center of the capsule holder