Sonifex DHY-04HD - Digital HD Voice TBU, AES/EBU, Analogue, Ethernet, Free Standing
£1,374.95 ex. vat
The Sonifex DHY-04HD is a HD Voice Hybrid used on a 3G or GSM cellular (mobile) phone network instead of a telephone (POTS) line. The DHY-04HD can accept a SIM card in the rear panel slot and by connecting a suitable GSM antenna, it can receive and make high quality broadcast calls over the cellular network, converting the 3G or GSM call to the 4 wire audio signal to and from a connected mixing console. The module used in the DHY-04HD is quad-band GSM and 5 band UMTS/HSPA+, so it can take and make calls on any 2G GSM, or 3G network.
It is ideal for studios in remote locations, for OB vans and trucks on the move, and in emergency situations where a telephone landline can’t be guaranteed, the DHY-04HD offers outstanding performance.
The DHY-04HD has all features of the DHY-04 together with some additional front panel indicators. There are two LEDs, one for SIM enabled and one for GSM Network availability. Additionally there is a push button which allows the mobile signal level to be displayed on the meter LEDs.
HD Voice uses a coding system (also known as WB-AMR) for audio data that provides a significant enhancement on the quality of cellular phone calls. It is ideal for broadcasters and journalists providing a frequency response up to 7kHz (twice that of a normal GSM or POTS connection).
The use of HD Voice is dependent on 3 criteria
- The method has to be supported by the network, (and this may be limited by your contract), and when different networks are involved in the call, the interoperability between the networks.
- The actual equipment used by both ends of the call must be HD Voice compatible. Both these requirements will be established on call connection, which leads to the third criteria.
- The signal quality can vary during the call. Normally the hybrid will be used in a fixed location (even OB trucks are normally stationary), so the position of the antenna can be refined for best signal quality. However the far end may be from a cellular phone, so may vary in quality and which can lead to dynamic bandwidth changes during a call. It is mostly true that network providers will only handle HD Voice on 3G networks though, in theory, it should aldo be compatible with enhanced 2G networks.
Sonifex DHY-04HD Features
- Five band UMTS/HSPA+850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100MHz.
- Rear panel 2G GSM or 3G SIM card insertion.
- Ethernet web server control and configuration.
- Front panel speed-dial buttons with redial.
- Signal strength LED display.
- LEDs for SIM enabled and GSM network availability.
- Automatic operation.
- Combined AES/EBU and analogue input and output.
Audio Specification Analogue Audio I/O
- Input Impedance - Line Mode (Clean Feed): 10kΩ balanced 0dB
- Input Impedance - Conferencing: 10kΩ balanced 0dB
- Input Impedance - Microphone Mode: 2kΩ balanced
- Input Level Gain Range: -6dB, 0dB, and +6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch, +10dB jumper
- Microphone Level Gain Preset: From 65dB to 35dB
- Maximum Input Levels: Line +26dBu, mic -24dBu
- Clean Feed Limiting Input: -4dBu for CTR21 setting, other values available, dependent on the actual country setting selected on the DHY-04HD
- Output Impedance - Line Out: 50Ω balanced floating 0dBu
- Output Impedance - Conference/Record: 50Ω balanced floating 0dBu
- Output Level Gain Range: -6db, 0dB, and +6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch
Digital Audio I/O
- Input Impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced
- Output Impedance: 110Ω ±20% balanced
- Sample Frequency Range: 30 - 100kHz (i.e. including 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz & 96kHz)
- Signal Level: 2V/7V peak to peak min/max
- Analogue Equivalent Level for Full Scale Digits: +18dBU
- Maximum Input Level: 0dBFS but internally limited to -6dBFS
- Maximum Output Level: -6dBSFS
- Module Type: Quad-Band EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz 5-band UMTS/HSPA+ 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- -109 dBm (typ.) @ GSM 850 / 900MHz
- -110 dBm (typ.) @ DCS1800 / PCS1900MHz
- -111 dBm (typ.) @ UMTS
- Approvals Information:
- Quad Band GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Output Power Class 4 (2W 33dBm) @ GSM 850/900
- Output Power Class 1 (1W 30dBm) @ GSM 1800/1900
- Output Power Class 3 (0.25W 24dBm) @ UMTS
- Output Power Class E2 (0.5W 27dBm) @ EDGE 850/900
- Output Power Class E2 (0.4W 26dBm) @ EDGE 1800/1900
- Fully Type approved conforming with R&TTE
- European - CE, GCF
- North America - FCC, PTCRB, IC
- Brazil - ANATEL
- Ring Detector Sensitivity: Off, 1, 2, 3, or 4 rings
- Power to DHY-04HD Universal 12W power supply: 90 to 250V AC; 47-63Hz; fused 1A anti-surge fuse
- Mic/Line/AES-EBU Input: XLR 3 pin female, with push-button mic/line selection
- Line/AES-EBU Output: XLR 3 pin male
- GSM Antenna: SMA socket
- Conferencing or Record Audio: RJ45 socket
- Remotes: 9-way D-type socket
- Ethernet: RJ45 socket
- RS232 Serial: 9-way D-type socket
- Power: IEC mains (CEE22)